Hickory

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen in SoKY

Feeling the Heat
Nov 20, 2008
Southern Kentucky
Not bad for 3 hours only 3 miles down the road. The trailer bed is 6.5 X 16. Scored another wind downed hickory at least this large only 2 miles down the road that I'll get early tomorrow morning.

stovewood001.jpg

stovewood002.jpg

I hate you....I mean....CONGRATS on a great score! ha. I wish I could find stuff like this just around the corner. I'm jealous. You are one lucky man....

What kind of hickory is that? Have any leaves?

Yeah, that is pignut - not Black Walnut...

Odd you mention walnut, the same homeowner has 5 little (8-10" ABH) walnuts she asked me to take down. I'm going back next week to do so. Not much stovewood, but great PR around the neighborhood. We love love pignut hickory for stovewood in this part of the world, they're a trash tree that even squirrels won't eat the mast from, but boy do they burn good.

Stephen in SoKY said:
I can taste the chipotle peppers now.

Rubbed on a brisket that will be basked in smoke for the next 14 hours while sipping an ice cold adult beverage. <shakes head> now STOP IT, I gotta work.

Status
Not open for further replies.