Home Depot dropped their price to $196/ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokeyTheBear said:
STANG32 said:
whats the DL on the stove chow & the fireside ultras?
lowes near me have the stove chow 7 depot has the ultras. I need to make a purchase asap. I b ought 4 bags of each to see if I felt any difference but I realy need to stock up.

I went out armed w/ the pellet chart & found none on the list, very disappointed. I thought finally I will know what I am looking @ but nope, not yet, maybe next time.

by the way, I love the chart, it was very informative now i have to change my shopping locations since the stores I go to sell such items that are so crapy, you do not even list them in the chart.

STANG32,

Don't assume that because a pellet isn't on those charts it is crappy. Those were just the ones that got checked out last season. There is a limit on how many kinds a single person or even a small group can check out.

The other thing that people seem to forget is that what was a bad pellet last year may have been substantially improved. If a place wants to make any money they can't afford to keep pushing crap it will put them out of business.

Well said STB! I'll add that even if the batch I tested was good. The batch you get could be iffy(to put it nicely) or visea-versa!

Wish I could test them all but this mear mortal just doesn't have enough time.

STANG32,

I would wait and try the firesides, but the stove chow has had more than a few say there decent. I read what everyone says and go with the majority. (EXAMPLE:If it was 10 people saying bad and 2 say good I'd pass -If 10 people are saying good and 2 are saying bad I'd at least try them).

I burned whatever HD sold, stove chow and fireside, stove chow for about 6 years, probably around 18 tons, and fireside for 2 years maybe 5 tons and I was very satisfied with both. I've also tried energex and they were terrible in my whitfield advantage, way too small and burned up way to quick. The last several yearss I have been burning dry creek, warm front and one other brand I have in my basement all with excellent results. Just sold the whitefield and replaced it with an XXV and plan to burn whatever is the cheapest I can find. This new XXV should burn anything.

right now the hammers are about 260/ton were as HD sells a ton for 196 + i have a 10% discount so that is another 19.60 off the top.

but you get what you pay for, the hammers seem to burn hotter & cleaner so in turn I use less.

decisions decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.