How About A Horse Stall Pad For A Pickup Bed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
I saw them at the local hardware store. I'm thinking a rubber pad would protect the bed some. They are 4x6 and would fit perfect. They have grooves on one side for draining. I think that side might be more slippery than the spray liner for the load handler.

Would moisture trapped under the pad be a problem?

Interesting idea. I was thinking the same thing--you'd probably have to remove the mat to prevent rust.

And I'd even speculate that rust might not be a problem if the truck bed doesn't already have major scratches through the paint. Lots of trucks out there with versions of non-spray liners, I'm not aware that rusting is a problem with them. Last year my Dad's 1997 S10 finally died, it had a poly bed liner that could probably let water in. We never pulled out the liner to check, but he didn't have any ill effects from rust on the truck bed itself. (The rest of the truck was a different story).

You want something as slippery as possible for the load handler. Rubber mats and spray on bed liners are not designed to be slippery enough to optimize the load handler. They make a specific liner just for it.
https://loadhandler.com/lhmat.php

You want something as slippery as possible for the load handler. Rubber mats and spray on bed liners are not designed to be slippery enough to optimize the load handler. They make a specific liner just for it.
https://loadhandler.com/lhmat.php
True. I'll look again at that mat, but I don't think it'll be as slippery as the one you linked to. Thanks.

I can vouch for stall mats not being slippery. Hell, even with a days worth of a horse being stalled, the mat is NOT slippery.

Stinky is another story :p

Reactions: velvetfoot
Status
Not open for further replies.