how close to propane heater can I put a wood stove (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

harmon

I am currently buying a house from a relative who wants to put a double sided propane heater in my wall for this winter. I am wanting to put an englander 2200 in.

Here is a picture of the hearth and a picture of the propane heater. excuse the mess wee are still moving / repairing the house.

The propane heater is supposed to go on the wall behind the hearth (right behind where the wood stove goes. )

Behind that wall is a hall that goes to all the bedrooms. How much wall area needs to surround the heater? One foot? Two?
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Englander-2-200-sq-ft-Wood-Burning-Stove-30-NCH/100291302

Attachments

• 20131129_113019.jpg
    20131129_113019.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 206
  • prpane heater.JPG
    prpane heater.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 260
if the wood stove is on one side and the propane heater is on the other, and the clearance to combustibles is met for each, as per what is specified in the manual for each, then you are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.