How do I season this stuff?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
View attachment 198219

I ended up stacking it like this. This is one load, so now that I have it stacked I guess it's not quite a face cord. Still not bad for $20 though...

I like what you ended up doing. I find that I often struggle with stuff like this before I end up at my final outcome. Once you figure it out the first time, it's smooth sailing with subsequent efforts, with incremental improvements. No substitute for experience...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Only time I have had an over fire was on a full load of that stuff - so take it easy on how much you stuff in the fire box.

Reactions: WoodyIsGoody
I get stuff like that from a Amish mill making RR ties out of oak. I just wack the big ones with a maul and pile up on a pallet with a blue tarp screwed to the side. If it's going to rain I cover and uncover as needed. It drys fine (apr. to oct.) and is seasoned enough to move to the shed.