How do you get that perfect picture of..........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchip

Minister of Fire
Dec 6, 2010
Broadstone England
a secondary burn?

However good it seems when I'm sitting here, the blue flames just don't show up much in a picture.

I was so impressed with this burn just now, but the picture is not perfect enough.......... ;-)

IMG_8503.jpg

Actually this is a very cool picture! But, if you want a better pic of the fire inside the stove, turn off all the lights and close the shades on the windows to darken the inside of the room.

How did you get a pic from inside the stove looking out......? ;-P

f v

fireview2788 said:

f v
I'm guessing a transmitter of some sort. The camera would certainly be destroyed by the heat in short order. ;-P

Ash_403 said:
fireview2788 said:

f v
I'm guessing a transmitter of some sort. The camera would certainly be destroyed by the heat in short order. ;-P

Are you sure the room isn't just a reflection off the glass?

Adios Pantalones said:
Ash_403 said:
fireview2788 said:

f v

Are you sure the room isn't just a reflection off the glass?

I assumed Ash was having a bit of fun and knew it was a reflection based on the Smiley at the end of the sentence . . .

I thought that was just about the camera getting destroyed.

No matter.

A darker room and shutting off the flash will take that reflection away and make the blue flames appear much better. A polarizing filter would do it as well. It's a cool pic anyway

Adios Pantalones said:
I thought that was just about the camera getting destroyed.

No matter.

A darker room and shutting off the flash will take that reflection away and make the blue flames appear much better. A polarizing filter would do it as well. It's a cool pic anyway

Oh . . . you might be right . . .

Um, say, Chap . . . I don't want to alarm you, but. . .um, YER BLOODY COUCH IS ON FIRE!!!

I thought it was getting quite warm in here........ ;-)

Great pic Woody! It's a digital camera just keep messing with it until you get the results you want.. That's the beauty of digital cameras!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.