How far would you go for a scrounge?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found a potential score within 30min but I don't have a chipper. Fellow wants his 2 acres cleared clean. He had someone in to cut the trees (oak and maple) and didn't clean up the brush and stumps. He wants the brush gone and stumps cut to the ground. He told the guy to leave the wood if he wasn't going to clean up. Can't burn the brush either as it's beside a highway. Would be a lot of wood to haul home and probably sell but an awful lot of work to get it (I have little enough time to spend scrounging as it is).

Last year I got 3 cords of red oak for $200 worth of gas, or just under $70/cord.
This year I got 3 cord of red oak for $20 worth of gas. The further ahead I get, the less effort I am willing to put out.
Pretty soon, you will have to bring the wood to me if you want me to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.