How good is good enough? Chimney sweeping.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RISurfer20

May 12, 2007
Swept my chimney this weekend and found the stove pipe had a thin buildup of creosote. pic 1 is a pictue of the inside of the stove pipe before cleaning. How does this look for 2.5 months?

Attachments

• `1.jpg
    `1.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 328
Pic 6 is after cleaning. A thin layer of hard creosote was left behind close to the connections of the pipe. The brush would not take this buildup off. Figure I will spray a remover at the end of the season. But then again isn't the pipe going to have little buildup.

Attachments

• `6.jpg
    `6.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 312
Pic 2 is the horizontal pipe exiting my home to the chimney. This area accumulated the most.

Attachments

• `2.jpg
    `2.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 318
Chimney after sweeping. Only filled up half a coffee can with buildup. Overall after several months chimney was in good shape. My concern is the stove pipe.

Attachments

• `3.jpg
    `3.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 303
looks good after cleaning and should work just fine for you

Status
Not open for further replies.