How I replaced my Jotul C450 baffle without insanity

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scjotulman

Dec 8, 2013
Greenville, sc
Last year I was able to replace my baffle after lots of tries and agitation, I felt that I was just lucky. This year after cleaning the flue I was still having trouble replacing the baffle. So I thought there must be a better way. I decided to cut a piece of plywood the same size as the baffle. I practiced the motions several times to replace the baffle using the plywood. once I figured out the motions I was able to replace the baffle without any issues.

Reactions: Swedishchef
Its not that it's to heavy to lift it's too heavy to keep trying to maneuver into place. In order to lift it I have to kneel in front of the insert so I can't see what I am doing. After practicing with the plywood I was able to install it without any issues.

What's the trick to getting it installed? Angle? Position? One side before the other? I've tried a bunch and can't get it back in.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.