How many 30 degree angles can i use in a run? I need to use four 30 degree angles ....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dantran

Jan 6, 2011
NJ
Does anyone know if I can use more than two 30 degree angles in my flu run? I need to use four do to different angles in my 12/12 pitch roof and my 6/12 cathedral ceiling.

You do not say how high your chimney is. If you have a good long run then i say it will be fine. Its still less angle than 2 90deg angles.

every 30 angle reduces draft. I guess it would depend if you have a tall enough chimney. Why would you need four? You do know that even if your roof or ceiling has a pitch, that your pipe runs plumb through it. The 30 degree angles would be used to ofset aroung rafters if need be. I would assume that if your ceiling and roof mentioned are the only thing above the room, you most likely have trusses( meaning one straight shot up and out). Good luck

Is this smoke pipe or class A? If class A, what brand and model? Are you planning to use them in pairs to offset, returning to plumb after the second elbow?

A through-the-wall tee being the exception, I don't think you should run Class A more than 30 degrees off plumb.

Two "sets" of 30 deg elbows is the recommended max for a pipe run.

Each set is used to offset 30 deg then return back to vertical.

The pitch of the roof or ceiling has absolutely nothing to do with how many elbows you need to use.

I would really consider having a professional install your flue, because what you have said scares me a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.