How much blocked wood in a dump body pickup...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dtabor

Feb 8, 2007
Lake Elmore, VT
I have a chance to get some green wood, already blocked up for $100/cord but I have to pick it up at the landing. I have access to an F350 with a dump body, how much blocked wood do you all think would fit in this truck? The guy told me he thought about a cord per truckload but I dont want to get screwed either!! This is about the same price as I can get a load of logs delivered to my house for so Im cutting out the labor of bucking it up but adding the cost of fuel to bring it to my house...might just even out!

dtabor said:
I have a chance to get some green wood, already blocked up for $100/cord but I have to pick it up at the landing. I have access to an F350 with a dump body, how much blocked wood do you all think would fit in this truck? The guy told me he thought about a cord per truckload but I dont want to get screwed either!! This is about the same price as I can get a load of logs delivered to my house for so Im cutting out the labor of bucking it up but adding the cost of fuel to bring it to my house...might just even out!
if you know the size of bed you can figure it out

How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

If you really want to haul a load you need one of these. Capable of hauling 325 tons. I figure it could hold enough wood to last Eric johnson a couple weeks in winter.

Attachments

• diamond.jpg
    diamond.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 542
i would say with the average dump body on a one ton you will get a cord. i know of several firewood dealers that deliver there wood this way and it stacks out to a cord. i think it has to be 170 cubic feet lossely thrown to stack out to a cord. don't quote me on that though

Rockey said:
If you really want to haul a load you need one of these. Capable of hauling 325 tons. I figure it could hold enough wood to last Eric johnson a couple weeks in winter.

They shouldn't cover the sides. Rick

VtRv, I posted this before you did your outstanding, brilliant mathematical work and came up with an answer.........

Didnt even know you were on this forum....where you been lurking???

Status
Not open for further replies.