How much wood have you burned so far

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DaFattKidd said:
Mr. Brownstone said:
1/2 cord. A lot of it wasted because it takes some to get the insert warmed up. Haven't had much opportunity to burn it 24/7, where it really shines. When it gets cold and stays cold, I will get the most out of my wood supply!

Interesting. What are you burning in? Maybe it would be helpful if you added your insert to your signature. Why does it take so much to get 'er up to temp? I know what you mean by 24/7 burning being so much easier.

24/7 is way easier.

I can get the PE up to temp with in 1/2 an hour (it's taken me years to say this :) ), and have the house temp climbing.

Little more than 1 cord I guess.

Burning steady in 2700 sq ft since mid November ( someone home all of the time) . We shut doors on unused rooms.

Oil burner has come on during the colder nights.

Slightly mild season so far around here but the best part is coming.

2.5 cords 24/7 since mid oct. on & off before that. Shop soaks up a lot of wood due to doors opening & closing all the time, & the wife likes the house warm ~ 78*
2400 sf total, window open occasionally, but oh well it's "free" right. Propane backup that hasn't been turned on yet. A C

P S that reminds me, I should check & see if the propane furnace even works anymore. LOL gotta love wood heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.