How not to clean a chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

They are speaking another language, but I think I know what they are saying.

Matt

Reactions: fishingpol
I would be unhappy as well.

Don't ya just hate it when that happens?

Oh man, that was unreal. Flaming embers all over the floor. Glad it was in another language.

I think it was one of those methane things. Just sayin...

!!! _g

WTF Just happened there? He dropped something down the chimney?

Wow!!;ex:ZZZ;lol

Looks like someone tossed a firecracker or a butane lighter into the fire..

Methinks it was the cameraman. I like the dude in the red shirt. He starts shuffling hot coals in time to the music, never losing his cool or his beer.

Reactions: pen
I'd say that was staged the whole way through, but hey chit does happen.....
Either way, that could've ended up alot worse than it did. I freak out like crazy when a single ember pops out of the door during a reload (happened to me this morning), a small ember popped out past the hearth (which is 18" from the stove door) and went into a gap in the hardwood floor. I dug at it with a steak knife until it went out and laid there, with my nose on the floor, sniffing for smoke, for 10 friggin minutes!!
I'd have thrown up if the whole firebox barfed out like that fireplace did!!

Reactions: charly
Makes me glad the stove room is a slab, with tile on top. I still built the raised hearth to withstand a nuclear meltdown, or a 30.:cool:
That wouldn't be an issue here, unless someone did it on purpose. In that case, I'd be a bit peeved (I like that word).
I get stuff popping out of the stove sometimes, but not like that.

Makes me glad the stove room is a slab, with tile on top. I still built the raised hearth to withstand a nuclear meltdown, or a 30.:cool:
That wouldn't be an issue here, unless someone did it on purpose. In that case, I'd be a bit peeved (I like that word).
I get stuff popping out of the stove sometimes, but not like that.
It happens very rarely in our house (The hardwood floor has absolutely NO marks on it and we've been heating exclusively with wood for 5 years now), but on occasion you get a wild ember.......

We're always vigilant when loading the stove......

Ever get the fireworks show with tons of little sparks blowing around when you open the door? I kind of let those burn themselves out with the door closed and the by-pass open and then reload. Those could cause a few burn marks:mad:

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.