How often to clean...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'll admit it....I clean my stove WAY too often! lol I figure that this is one of those situations where more really is better but I've got a question. Is there a safe easy way to clean the glass when it's smokin' hot? It finally got cold enough here that I haven't wanted to shut the stove down long enough to let it cool so I'm currently looking through a very dirty window & it's driving me nuts.

pegdot said:
Okay, I'll admit it....I clean my stove WAY too often! lol I figure that this is one of those situations where more really is better but I've got a question. Is there a safe easy way to clean the glass when it's smokin' hot? It finally got cold enough here that I haven't wanted to shut the stove down long enough to let it cool so I'm currently looking through a very dirty window & it's driving me nuts.

I take a dry rag and just wipe the glass, the soot I do get on my glass just wipes off.

Status
Not open for further replies.