How old are you?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

How old are you? (poll)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
31 and just started burning wood. Don't know why I didn't before.

Oh yeah my dad burnt wood all my childhood and I hated it, but I see why know that I have these expensive kids.

53 and I hate the long par three holes. Working on the putting more and more.

BTW, 47 but feeling like a lot more. Too many years of rugby. :)

32 and trying to get back into shape :down:

Twas 35 when I met and married the one and only love of my life.

First child born 2 years later.

I ignore my birthdays but this summer will celebrate 22 years of a wonderful marriage and that child that was just a twinkle in our eyes just had his 19th birthday.

I leave the math to you. ;-)

I wonder how much this is simply an age reflection of those using this site, versus those who really burn wood. I would like to see the actual age breakdown of wood burners across the country. I bet we'd see it skewed from the 30's up a decade or two. Many of those burners in their 40's, 50's, 60's, may just not be on this site as they aren't digital natives like many "yougin's" but are digital refugees!

pen

To the point that my wife was asked the other day: What was the first thing you did this morning? Her response was, "put wood in the stove".
Yup, I love her.
Chad

chad3 said:
To the point that my wife was asked the other day: What was the first thing you did this morning? Her response was, "put wood in the stove".
Yup, I love her.
Chad

If you don't love that woman for that reason, I think this site is testament to the number of men in this country who would!

pen

pen said:
I wonder how much this is simply an age reflection of those using this site, versus those who really burn wood. I would like to see the actual age breakdown of wood burners across the country. I bet we'd see it skewed from the 30's up a decade or two. Many of those burners in their 40's, 50's, 60's, may just not be on this site as they aren't digital natives like many "yougin's" but are digital refugees!

pen

Yeah, pen, we were musing about that back a page of posts or so. I agree. I suspect that this tiny sampling has some significant built-in bias because it's here on Hearth.com, and there must be scads of woodburners out there who don't even have computers. Heck, even here, it's a scratch in the surface...there are more than 14,000 registered members, and we've had 240 votes so far. I know it doesn't mean much in the big scheme of things, but I still find it kind of interesting. Rick

fossil said:
pen said:

pen

Yeah, pen, we were musing about that back a page of posts or so. I agree. I suspect that this tiny sampling has some significant built-in bias because it's here on Hearth.com, and there must be scads of woodburners out there who don't even have computers. Heck, even here, it's a scratch in the surface...there are more than 14,000 registered members, and we've had 240 votes so far. I know it doesn't mean much in the big scheme of things, but I still find it kind of interesting. Rick

My apologies for not joining the conversation then!

Whether it be an accurate assessment of woodburners age or not, I too agree that it is at least interesting to investigate! I drive about 50 miles in rural pa to and from work each day (about 20 of which are dirt road). I literally drive past 30+ wood burners just on my venture, and only know of 1 person in my area on this site.

Mark Twain said, "There are Lies, Damn lies, and then there are Statistics." I like his thinking :) Regardless of this polls validity, it still has worth.

pen

pen said:
...Mark Twain said, "There are Lies, Damn lies, and then there are Statistics." I like his thinking :) Regardless of this polls validity, it still has worth. pen

I think Twain was one of the most perceptive, candid, and delightfully articulate observers/interpreters of human thought and behavior ever to put pen to paper. This little poll is certainly valid, but only within an extremely tightly woven context, and if anyone ever attempted to take it out of that context, I certainly would not sign my name to it. It has worth only if we, who are among the very few inhabitants of that tightly woven context find that it does. Rick

fossil said:
pen said:
...Mark Twain said, "There are Lies, Damn lies, and then there are Statistics." I like his thinking :) Regardless of this polls validity, it still has worth. pen

I think Twain was one of the most perceptive, candid, and delightfully articulate observers/interpreters of human thought and behavior ever to put pen to paper. This little poll is certainly valid, but only within an extremely tightly woven context, and if anyone ever attempted to take it out of that context, I certainly would not sign my name to it. It has worth only if we, who are among the very few inhabitants of that tightly woven context find that it does. Rick

Oh I wish you were a classmate of mine in my masters of education courses!

pen

I always tell people that I'm the oldest 27 year old they'll meet. Got married at 19, had our first child a few weeks before I turned 21, and bought a house when I was 25. I'm still too young to know my limits and often push myself too far because I'm stubborn.

I just turned 40 but my wife thinks I`m about 12. I still like stuffing the firebox full and seeing how high I can get the stove top thermometer. I will never learn and I don`t want to. Then the mortgage bill shows up and I go to work........woodstoves and fire have kept me young and full of fun.

36 in september, for some reason I keep getting older but my wife is stuck at 29.

40 - and loving life. A little too busy for my liking, but hey, if ya wanna do stuff, ya gotta be busy to do it. And I like doing stuff.

pen said:

pen

I will be 65 soon and am a "digital native" My first computer was a Commodore 64 that I believe was purchased in 1985. It is stored on a shelf in the basement and I gave instructions to my kids to donate it to the local museum when I am gone.

Still swinging a maul.

Jackpine

Just bumping my own poll to see if we can get some more responses...every vote makes it more representative of our little Hearth.com world. Rick

41... So when is it that I am suppose to get old? When I was a teenager I thought 30 was old but now who knows. :roll:

mike

44- I am young at being old and old at being young :)

Well I guess I am proud to say that I am the youngest one ("baby") on here! I'm 20 getting close to my 21st birthday woohoo! Really like the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.