How to "Exchange Wood" (Ha! Ha!)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
A friend gave us some firewood that had been laying around his place for a number of years. It was about a face cord of unsplit wood. He is elderly; the wood was mostly punky; we looked at it as if we were just helping out an elderly friend clean up his yard a bit. Loaded it up and off we go deciding on the way to just drop it off at the local recycling center. Here's the fun part: We just finished dropping off our load and in comes someone else to drop off about a face cord of recently cut hard maple. Since our trailer was now empty I just asked them if their teenage son would put their wood in our trailer. :) They did and we came home with a nice load of maple. Now, that's what I call a great exchange! Do I get points for scrounging??? :lol:

Shari

Sounds like good wood Karma to me if one believed in such stuff!

Yes, 5 bonus scrounging points for you!

I endow you with the medal of scrounging chivalry.

Good for you. You deserve it for doing a good deed.

Kudos , I agree withe the scrounging points as well as recycling points. If you were not there that wood would have gone to the landfill.

Moot point of interest...If you don't get points would you take the wood back or just split it and let it cure until its ready to burn??? Yeah.. points awarded. Once the wood is dry boost your point option by finding someone with a couple of trees that they just took or need taken down but are willing to trade for some seasoned firewood. After a while the glory of the points is lost in the fervor of the excitement of the trade and all you can think is...Git'r DONE! Nice score!

Status
Not open for further replies.