I am in love with the person who designed this!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it. Simple and yet effective. I imagine that the stability will be a function of how level the rack is built and how firm the ground underneath is.

I'll stick with the easier way and this is even more solid. btw, that wood is from 2008-2009. I thought we might use the rest of it this winter but we'll still have lots left for next winter yet. Burns really good.

Wood-2009c.JPG

Reactions: DTrain and toddnic
Yep. I just built one a couple of weeks ago. Insanely sturdy. I can't remember the exact cost but I know I got all of the supplies + tax for under $20.
It's not the prettiest looking firewood holder, but as a temporary sturdy solution this season... it was very little cash well spent, IMO.

Reactions: PA. Woodsman
Made one of these racks like pictured but for the upright boards I used round metal aluminum poles that were from an old swingset that we "inherited" when we bought the house years ago. It works great!

We have built 4 of these now - what I love is that we have a funky yard that needs some work and we can move these around in the Spring! I love all the different ideas. We might do something more permanent at some point.

Just gotta be mindfl of how hard you drop your splits on the pile. I got in a groove and started slapping splits on the pile wit ha little too much gusto and cracked one of the cinder blocks. Now that pile has a slight lean to it.
We'll see how long it takes gravity to win.

I've always stacked on blocks. Sometimes I use landscape timbers(when they're on sale) but usually just use 2x4's. I don't use 2x4's for the ends though I crib my ends.

Attachments

• 0716131931.jpg
    0716131931.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.