I guess winter is here....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Im looking at 2 different forecast for Saturday Jan 7 low temp, one(Weather Channel) is -1 the other(Accuweather) is -10 overnight. Im rooting for the -1.

either way it's bleeping cold. blowing thru my oak that is usually for end of jan early feb. from what i see it won't make it near freezing til sometime next week otherwise we haven't made it to 20 in weeks

From what I saw this morning- you guys out east are in for a real onslaught of Mother Natures fury followed by a spray of liquid nitrogen from up north.

From what I saw this morning- you guys out east are in for a real onslaught of Mother Natures fury followed by a spray of liquid nitrogen from up north.

i love that spray of liquid nitrogen LOL. yep 11:00 o'clock news just said 10 to 15 inches + and blizzard warnings are up up here we get 40 to 50 mile a hour winds 1 to 3 inches per hour and the cape gets 70 mile a hour winds. what we call a noreaster.

in 2015 we got 3 storms in a row 2 of them 5 days apart and 24 inches and the last one was a week after those with 30 to 36 inch snows. first time in my life i drove up I 95 4 lanes on each side and it was one big blanket of snow across all. i had to guess where i was. needed plow parts.

in 2015 we got 3 storms in a row 2 of them 5 days apart and 24 inches and the last one was a week after those with 30 to 36 inch snows. first time in my life i drove up I 95 4 lanes on each side and it was one big blanket of snow across all. i had to guess where i was. needed plow parts.

It's gonna be ugly, Frank. Friday's and Saturday's temps are gonna be really low. Oy vey.

I got 16 bags of pellets in the house to last awhile.

i made it threw this one the only thing i had to try and deal with was my snowblower. 16 years no issue until now. not bad good ol john deere.