I had the need...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Butcher

Minister of Fire
Nov 2, 2011
N. central Ia.
to turn some cedar barn beams into 2 by boards. Not willing to cough up the dough for a fancy grandburg mill I went to the scrap pile and plumbing parts box and in about 10 minutes I was in buzness. So far it is working better than I had hoped.
IMG_1952 (2).jpg
IMG_1954 (2).jpg
IMG_1955 (2).jpg

Great ingenuity. Love seeing job accomplished with parts on hand.

Sweet!

I have to admit... when I saw the thread title and who was posting, I said to myself, "this is going to be good."

Reactions: Butcher
Is that a can of Pepsi in the coolie? haha

Excellent design work!!
Can you give us a few details. Does the saw move down the guide board, or does the board your cutting move? Is the long vertical bolt a handle? Are you using a standard chain? Reason I ask, I thought there was a chain for rip cutting. any idea what that chain is?

Excellent design work!!
Can you give us a few details. Does the saw move down the guide board, or does the board your cutting move? Is the long vertical bolt a handle? Are you using a standard chain? Reason I ask, I thought there was a chain for rip cutting. any idea what that chain is?
I'm cutting square beams down so no guide board needed. Just push the saw thru the wood. The long bolt is actually a 12 inch land scape spike that is welded to the channel iron for a handle. I wasn't sure how this set up would work so for now the chain is just my normal semi chisel chains and the bar is a badly wore out bar that I just couldn't throw away. To cut different thickness' I can change out the bolts and pipe nipples that attach it to the bar.

Reactions: Lakeside
Status
Not open for further replies.