I had to pass (sniff)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Belly

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2011
Connecticut
Had a Tree Service call yesterday morning, had 40 yards of Red Oak looking for a home.....I had to pass, I've got a couple of Log Lengths, and a chit load of rounds I need to split.....my place is a disaster, so I had to pass (sniff)....he said he'll keep me on his list for smaller loads.

Geez, I would be on the s%$# list for a long time if I got that call.

Had a Tree Service call yesterday morning, had 40 yards of Red Oak looking for a home.....I had to pass, I've got a couple of Log Lengths, and a chit load of rounds I need to split.....my place is a disaster, so I had to pass (sniff)....he said he'll keep me on his list for smaller loads.

Where in CT are you?

Where in CT are you?
I'm in Bethel (SW Corner, near NY border) .....he was coming from Ridgefield......I'm hearing chainsaws running in my 'hood right now.....I wanna take a ride, but don't want to make myself feel worse:(

Really, what the heck is wrong with you? Feeling ill? Get this figured out...it can't be healthy.

Reactions: Shane N
I brought home a few rounds of White Oak from a guy down the street who has 2 trees down and cut to 18'....said I can have it all.....I pulled into the backyard to unload, and the Wife lost it....said I gotta clean up the mess I have before bringing anymore in.......

Reactions: loon
Moment of silence...:(

Could you just get the rounds you already have stacked neatly for now and do the same with the scrounge? I know that means handling them an extra time but maybe it will look neater and make room for the new stuff. Also flowers and a scented candle can be good attitude adjusters.

Wow! I'm without words! I second the moment of silence!

Damm. You're a better man than I am. I'd have taken it and dealt with the consequences later......;)
Oh hell no....not in this house....she may only be 5 ft. tall 100lbs.....but she's a firecracker

Reactions: loon and ScotO
Could you just get the rounds you already have stacked neatly for now and do the same with the scrounge? I know that means handling them an extra time but maybe it will look neater and make room for the new stuff. Also flowers and a scented candle can be good attitude adjusters.
I wouldn't mind handling them twice, but would make more of a mess just moving them around....the yard is too soft/muddy....flowers...she sez they are a waste of money....candles ???...maybe

I wouldn't mind handling them twice, but would make more of a mess just moving them around....the yard is too soft/muddy....flowers...she sez they are a waste of money....candles ???...maybe
Yeah my yard probably resembles yours, lots of rounds,sawdust, and mud. Luckily my wife cares more about how the front yard looks than the back.

Reactions: Shane N and ScotO
A man says to another man:

"I have this big dumpster full of cash that I can drop off at your house - no charge...you want it?"

The other mans says:

"I would glady accept the free cash, but I have too much cash laying around the yard already. I think my wife would not appreciate eye-sore even more cash laying around the yard would create. I really need to stack up all the cash I have right now before I can get any more cash."

The first man says:

"Uh...OK. Well, if I come across some pennies and whatnot...I'll call you next time. If I come across big piles of cash I will not call you."

Hmm. Yeah. That's....

I'm in Bethel (SW Corner, near NY border) .....he was coming from Ridgefield......I'm hearing chainsaws running in my 'hood right now.....I wanna take a ride, but don't want to make myself feel worse:(

I'm in the opposite corner of the state....too bad...I've got vacant land - we could have taken the load and processed it in the spring. I'd keep half of course ;)

A man says to another man:

"I have this big dumpster full of cash that I can drop off at your house - no charge...you want it?"

The other mans says:

"I would glady accept the free cash, but I have too much cash laying around the yard already. I think my wife would not appreciate eye-sore even more cash laying around the yard would create. I really need to stack up all the cash I have right now before I can get any more cash."

The first man says:

"Uh...OK. Well, if I come across some pennies and whatnot...I'll call you next time. If I come across big piles of cash I will not call you."

Hmm. Yeah. That's....
Yea, you put your cash in the bank and you split and stack your rounds neatly so you are ready for more

Reactions: Shane N
I'm in the opposite corner of the state....too bad...I've got vacant land - we could have taken the load and processed it in the spring. I'd keep half of course ;)
BEConklin, I was stationed at the Coast Guard academy, New London, My wife and I love the country up at your neck of the woods, any Vacant land for sale you may have for small summer place?

BEConklin, I was stationed at the Coast Guard academy, New London, My wife and I love the country up at your neck of the woods, any Vacant land for sale you may have for small summer place?

My daughter went through basic training at Cape May, Oct - December 2000, Her first billet was on the Abbey Burgess in Rockland ME in January 2001. Then she got better work in a PSRU unit in Boston. She got out after 8 years of service.

Sorry but the only vacant land I have I'm holding onto - 11 acres with frontage on the Quinebaug up in Canterbury. It's a decent woodlot and there's lots of turkey and deer there :)

Reactions: WeldrDave
i feel the same way. i have 20 acres and hate to overload with wood. i have a ton of oak to get to, but it will have to wait! im not into moving wood multiple times. it just plain sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.