I have sinned!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdNH

Minister of Fire
Oct 14, 2009
Southern, NH
Had a previous landowner i scrounged off a single truck load of oak from craiglist a few weeks ago email me direct this morning. said he dropped about 4 medium sized oak trees and if i was interested they were all mine. This is definilty a great score since its easy access already on the ground and fairly close to the house. but after last weekends 2.5 cords of ash/oak/maple my body needs a rest! i have about 5-6 cords already on my 1/4 acre lot and the neighbors are starting to think im crazy. I told him to post it up on craiglist ( keep your eyes open fellow southern NH members) and if no one was interested I would be able to pick it up this weekend)

kills me to pass on a good score!

ColdNH said:
Had a previous landowner i scrounged off a single truck load of oak from craiglist a few weeks ago email me direct this morning. said he dropped about 4 medium sized oak trees and if i was interested they were all mine. This is definilty a great score since its easy access already on the ground and fairly close to the house. but after last weekends 2.5 cords of ash/oak/maple my body needs a rest! i have about 5-6 cords already on my 1/4 acre lot and the neighbors are starting to think im crazy. I told him to post it up on craiglist ( keep your eyes open fellow southern NH members) and if no one was interested I would be able to pick it up this weekend)

kills me to pass on a good score!

Shame on you!

Whoa! You are correct! You definitely have sinned. One never turns down such a gracious offer. But, you are forgiven....this time.

You must be really sore! It is hard to pass up free oak.

yah, the problem is,(as if i would classify as a problem) I still have a good 1-2 truck loads of mixed ash, oak and maple, already cut and sitting for a year, from the guy i got 2.5 cords from on saturday! So i am going to head over there tommarow afterwork and grab the rest of that. The wifey and neighbors already think im nuts because of my wood obsession.

Forget the sinning . . . I think you may be going straight to Wood Burning Hell for passing up oak . . . of course in Wood Burning Hell there is a fire . . . but it's always smoldering and never produces much meaningful heat.

ColdNH said:
yah, the problem is,(as if i would classify as a problem) I still have a good 1-2 truck loads of mixed ash, oak and maple, already cut and sitting for a year, from the guy i got 2.5 cords from on saturday! So i am going to head over there tommarow afterwork and grab the rest of that. The wifey and neighbors already think im nuts because of my wood obsession.

...Then obsess away, and go get that wood!
:)

firefighterjake said:
Forget the sinning . . . I think you may be going straight to Wood Burning Hell for passing up oak . . . of course in Wood Burning Hell there is a fire . . . but it's always smoldering and never produces much meaningful heat.

They must be using that only 1yr seasoned Oak stuff down there. ;-)

north of 60 said:
firefighterjake said:

They must be using that only 1yr seasoned Oak stuff down there. ;-)

Waterlogged Pine!

shame on U !

Having only 1/4 acre myself, I understand. I have to turn down wood sometimes just because I don't have the space for it. I have about 2 cords that I really should get split and stacked before I bring anything else home.

Status
Not open for further replies.