I have the best wife ever!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
When you have a 21 month old you can't really go camping or on long hikes, so I get a little stir crazy once in a while. My wife surprised me for Father's Day (early) with this:

IMG_2676_zpsa4ac71c9.jpg

A new Kelty tent and a backyard cookout/campout! Just got in from enjoying some brats and beers by the fire and will be trying out the new tent tonight-it's a perfect 63 degrees outside.

Aww, that's great. You married a sweet lady. She's a gem.

Very thoughtful! You might consider introducing the kid to camping early...

My brother camps with his little daughters in the back yard. They cook hot dogs and marshmallows, etc and have. A great time. Now he has a third- not sure how it will work.

Reactions: ScotO
Ah, but I do remember camping with younger than 21 month old. As for the hikes, up on the shoulders they go!

Reactions: ScotO
She got you a dog with a flag stuck to its tail? A-w-w-w, bless her heart. :cool: (How's our Li'l Badfish doin' these days, Dad? You're gonna have quite a tale to tell her in a few years.)

Ah, but I do remember camping with younger than 21 month old. As for the hikes, up on the shoulders they go!

We actually have a "kid carrier" backpack from Kelty that is great for just that purpose. The problem is now that she's walking unless she is dog tired she won't go in it anymore. When she was a year or so we hiked all over the place with her on my back ;)

My brother camps with his little daughters in the back yard. They cook hot dogs and marshmallows, etc and have. A great time. Now he has a third- not sure how it will work.

We had a great time last night! Smores and all... We are also lucky enough to live very close to a couple of state parks with campgrounds so we could also do a short trip to try out a real night in the wilderness.

She got you a dog with a flag stuck to its tail? A-w-w-w, bless her heart. :cool: (How's our Li'l Badfish doin' these days, Dad? You're gonna have quite a tale to tell her in a few years.)

She's great! 32lbs, almost 3' tall and running around and talking like crazy. Hard to believe really. You bet we will have a tale to tell her one day. One thing we're looking forward to is preparing a meal at Ronald McDonald House in Philadelphia where we stayed while she was in the hospital. They have a large communal kitchen where groups and families come to prepare meals for guests. Once she's old enough to understand the concept of paying it forward I think it will be a great experience for her.

IMG_2663_zps818a6315.jpg

...She's great! 32lbs, almost 3' tall and running around and talking like crazy. Hard to believe really. You bet we will have a tale to tell her one day. One thing we're looking forward to is preparing a meal at Ronald McDonald House in Philadelphia where we stayed while she was in the hospital. They have a large communal kitchen where groups and families come to prepare meals for guests. Once she's old enough to understand the concept of paying it forward I think it will be a great experience for her.

I think there are a number of things she'll come to understand more deeply and personally than most of the rest of us as time goes on and, when she's ready to understand, you begin to teach her what her earliest days were all about. I'm very glad to hear that she's doing so well! Rick

OBTW, She's gorgeous! Thanks for the pic.

You're lucky. These days you get cellphone pics.

When you take them real camping the outhouse (if primitive camping) is usually an interesting experience!:)

My son enjoyed camping and as well as summer camp, but he wrote us postcards about how disgusting the outhouse was.

In true 'primitive camping' the outhouse is a shovel. When I used to backpack a lot in the scouts even an outhouse was a luxury on trail ;)

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Beautiful little lady there, Badfish! We do the backyard campouts several times every summer.....the kids, even though they are older now, still look forward to them!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.