i just want to brag on my work lol

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

worktolearn13

Oct 20, 2017
wyoming
adlerlea t-4 almost done final inspections tomorrow morning. what do you guys think

Attachments

• IMG951599.jpg
    IMG951599.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG951658.jpg
    IMG951658.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 396
Looks nice. Good luck with her...

Good job! I like the brick hearth.
As someone asked, will the curtain be able to reach the stove if the wind blows? If so you may want to replace it with a venetian blind.

Might get a little smokey in the room if you fire it up.
Too funny hahaha. Wish i could be done without venting so far the venting seems like a two man job, but i think i'm past the worse of it with the leveling of the insulation box in the attic. crossing my fingers that it lines up ok to the stove when i finish it after work.

Good job! I like the brick hearth.
As someone asked, will the curtain be able to reach the stove if the wind blows? If so you may want to replace it with a venetian blind.
lots of piece choices when you stone, some people make it look so easy. My wife was a stubborn customer and wouldn't let the art unfold haha jk. thank you its been a fun project, only a little over 3 g into it financially so pretty excited about that. (stove stone and venting where all at cost)

Too funny hahaha. Wish i could be done without venting so far the venting seems like a two man job, but i think i'm past the worse of it with the leveling of the insulation box in the attic. crossing my fingers that it lines up ok to the stove when i finish it after work.

It will be easier to move the stove a half inch or so than a screwed in attic box.

It will be easier to move the stove a half inch or so than a screwed in attic box.
I am fighting clearance's pretty close. i had to move my stove backwards to meet my 16" up front and i can only have 3" min on the back corners. so really i have to keep the stove pretty much where it is or extend my pad. rookie mistake. There came a time during all my research when i told my self im spending more time looking at it then working at it. I did have it pre inspected before i started my venting. they said it will be ok just keep in placed where we have it moved.

I am fighting clearance's pretty close. i had to move my stove backwards to meet my 16" up front and i can only have 3" min on the back corners. so really i have to keep the stove pretty much where it is or extend my pad. rookie mistake. There came a time during all my research when i told my self im spending more time looking at it then working at it. I did have it pre inspected before i started my venting. they said it will be ok just keep in placed where we have it moved.

If you misplace the attic box a few inches (happens sometime), you can always use a 30 or 45 elbow to correct it. But I assume you will do just fine.

ready for my first fire tonight

does your manual mention anything about break-in fires? usually (not on every stove) you start with a small fire to get the the stove up to a few hundred degrees then let it go out and cool then repeat to a higher temp and let it go out then repeat to normal cruising temp for your stove. this will cure the paint and drive any moisture out if the fire bricks. also as the paint cures it generally stinks and smokes real bad.

it does have a procedure in the paperwork, i'm guessing that it should be trust worth for that stove since i paid a ton for the stove. do you know if some recommendations of stoves shouldnt be followed?

Do the break in fires, it's just common sense and it couldn't hurt.

My manual said the danger of not doing them was the paint could cure "not matched", ie permanently off shade. Nothing about damage, just off shade paint.

My manual said the danger of not doing them was the paint could cure "not matched", ie permanently off shade. Nothing about damage, just off shade paint.
That would definitely bother me especially if it wasn't from just using it over time and something i could of prevented by curing the paint.

I'd do one small fire with just a 4-5, 2" thick sticks (seasoned of course). That will be to drive any moisture out of the firebrick. Then go ahead and fire it up to 550F stovetop temp with at least a half load of good seasoned wood. Once the fire is burning vigorously you can start turning down the air, 50% at a time, but not to the point of killing the flame. This will encourage secondary combustion and a hotter stove top. Open a couple windows and put a fan in one blowing out to exhaust fumes from the paint baking in. Repeat if necessary.

Note that the Alderlea's cast iron jacket paint is not what is baking in, except for the door. The steel stove body's surface inside the c-i jacket is what's baking. You never see this. Our Alderlea is going on 10 yrs old and the paint looks good still.