I might wanna sweep more often with new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2008
northshore ma
I just swept my liner from last season. Jan to the end of the burn season which was around May. I think I'll add another sweep in there before the shoulder season starts. This is what I got but it was a total of 64 ounces. 8 cups that is. Really easy flaky stuff.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
and how many ft of pipe?

As a matter of course i sweep on my long Christmas weekend and at the end of year. I usually get the flaky stuff at the Christmas sweep and more just sooty dirt at the summer sweep.

Why would you add another sweep? that isnt much dirt and it is not to bad of condition there is a little shiny stuff but not much.

"Why would you add another sweep?"

So he can get his thermometers back out of the chimney more often. ;lol

Reactions: BigCountryNY
Why would you add another sweep? that isnt much dirt and it is not to bad of condition there is a little shiny stuff but not much.
Really?! I thought this amount was kinda risky. I guess it wouldn't hurt to at least have a check to see if it needs sweeping? But then again, I'm no expert, only enough to be dangerous because of this forum! :)

In my professional opinion that is not to much dirt at all

Status
Not open for further replies.