I need help identifying a wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

harristree

Dec 15, 2013
Holland Ohio
Please help us identify this wood stove. The only name we could find on the stove was on the damper handle it says "The Choice" Thank you in advance for your responses

Attachments

• woodstove1.jpg
    woodstove1.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 2,152
  • woodstove2.jpg
    woodstove2.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 837
  • woodstove3.jpg
    woodstove3.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 697
Well, I'm going to look though my old material, but here is my first take.....probably true, in this case....

In the late 70's there were perhaps 15-20 stove companies that copied the Buck Stove, which we called the "North Carolina Look". Most of these companies were in the south and many nearby the original Buck factory. Some were very direct knock-offs, others were improvements, etc.

To give you a short list....
Black Bart
Apache
Craft
Bat Cave Stove
Silent Flame
Dare
Squire
Appalachian
Woodsaver
Georgetown
and many more!

It's likely yours is just another of these many....if it were a national brand chances are I would have run across it, because I went to a lot of trade shows and read a lot of trade mags and directories in my time (owned a stove store back then)...

I think, in this case, what you see is what you have - probably 1979 vintage and probably never made it other than locally or regionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.