I need help identifying my wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nospanko

Dec 28, 2015
Marlborough, CT
I bought a home that came with a wood stove insert. Does anyone have any idea what it is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 194
No idea on the insert but you need to get that paper and wood away from the stove before you burn the new place down. Until you find the make and know clearances you should assume that nothing combustible should be within 3ft of the stove.

Just a guess here, but it reminds me of a Federal Airtight insert. Just a guess, mind you- maybe research that- see if it matches up.
Good luck.

I dont know what it is but i am pretty sure it is not a federal air tight. And rwhite is right there are way to many combustibles way to close. Have you have the system inspected by a pro? Does it have a liner hooked to it? There is probably a tag on the back or side that will identify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.