I thought its called gasification not a SMOKIFICATION

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
woodsmaster said:
That flap looks like a real pain.

Indeed it was the 1st season. The small pins that held it on the hinge would come off and the plate would fall into the box. I fixed that easy enough, but before I did I took it off completely for a couple of burns and learned quickly how I needed it in place until I get a smoke hood.
Now into our 3rd season we know when to load and can tell by the stack temps how the burn is doing w/o opening the door and have actually become comfortable with the shield. But we still plan to install the hood next year...may have this year but a splitter purchase and construction of the wood shed took all our $$ and I doubt Santa is bringing us one :(

Status
Not open for further replies.