I want a number!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hanko said:

Oh Jenny Jenny, who can I turn to................
Popular song in its day. Think it was Rick Springfield?
Not sure, I like my stuff alot heavier.

If things inside start glowing bright red or white hot then you could be in trouble. A dull red glow is considered ok still.

Thanks each and every one of you- I just hit 700ºF on a full reload without worrying about it.

No matter how long I burn I will always be grateful for everything I have learned here- it's just an incredible resource that literally keeps me, my home, and my family safe. There really no higher calling than helping folks not kill themselves. I came here knowing absolutely nothing, and while I have only scratched the surface knowledge-wise I do feel more secure using this wonderfully warm and cozy method of heating my home. It's mid 20's outside and here I sit sweating in shorts and a tank top.

Three Cheers for Hearth.com!

Cearbhaill said:
Thanks each and every one of you- I just hit 700ºF on a full reload without worrying about it.

No matter how long I burn I will always be grateful for everything I have learned here- it's just an incredible resource that literally keeps me, my home, and my family safe. There really no higher calling than helping folks not kill themselves. I came here knowing absolutely nothing, and while I have only scratched the surface knowledge-wise I do feel more secure using this wonderfully warm and cozy method of heating my home. It's mid 20's outside and here I sit sweating in shorts and a tank top.

Three Cheers for Hearth.com!

Just trying to picture a "braod" in her shorts & tank top
;)
Sorry Toni, had to say it.
Of course my mind has the mini shorts with see through tank coming to mind LMAO.
Sorry again.

Your doing fine, enjoy the fire. Shorts is a great feeling at 20 and below outside. ;)
BTW, the baffle may glow at times, that is perfectly fine. As long as the outer steel is not glowing, you should be golden.

Tommy Totune.

Wandering into the "Twilight Zone"

Status
Not open for further replies.