ICC Stove adaptor XPL-3PAS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bobbout

Nov 16, 2021
Ontario Canada
On the weekend I put a downpayment on a ComfortBilt HP22N. I was told that they would need a part to install it on my current wood stove chimney. Then told me it was on backorder with no idea when it would be available. I asked for the part specs to see if I could help find one and got a vague answer.

It’s the starter on the 3 or 4” pipe that we are missing. It is specific to the manufacturer of the chimney.
We tried a huge online dealer and they were out of them.

I asked again for a part number and got no response. I asked a 3rd time, a bit more directly, and got the adapter in the title. Can anyone tell me if this is an actual product? I can't find anything about it and am frankly wondering if I'm being blown off.

Thanks

Who makes the current Class A Chimney you have?
Sorry, I just re-read my message and I think I confused the issue when I said 'current wood stove chimney'. I'll have to explain a bit.

I had a wood stove for the last 25 years. Configuration is inside pipe, 5' up to an "L" then though the wall into a stainless outside chimney.

Last year, we removed the wood stove and put in a propane stove. They ran a 4" liner up the outside chimney and replaced the inside piping. I assume that would be a 4" as well. Anyway, we hate the propane stove, so am going with the pellet stove.

The plan is to take the liner out of the outside chimney and put it back to normal. Because they said this adapter (stove to inside) is manufacturer specific I have to assume they are replacing the inside piping. I would have to say ICC.

Whew. Sorry for the long story.

On the weekend I put a downpayment on a ComfortBilt HP22N. I was told that they would need a part to install it on my current wood stove chimney. Then told me it was on backorder with no idea when it would be available. I asked for the part specs to see if I could help find one and got a vague answer.

It’s the starter on the 3 or 4” pipe that we are missing. It is specific to the manufacturer of the chimney.
We tried a huge online dealer and they were out of them.

I asked again for a part number and got no response. I asked a 3rd time, a bit more directly, and got the adapter in the title. Can anyone tell me if this is an actual product? I can't find anything about it and am frankly wondering if I'm being blown off.

Thanks
I just found the contact info for ICC and have fired a message off to them. Sorry for the bother. Jumped too quick.