Identifying the Make/Model of this Freestanding Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ingreenink

Jul 10, 2017
Beverly, MA
Hi All!

I just picked up this awesome mid-century freestanding fireplace and am trying to learn which company made it. It doesn't have the same shape as the typical Preway, and it has legs that seem closer to what was offered by Majestic, though it doesn't have the screen type that most Majestics had. The legs were originally gold tone, as shown in the first photo, but were badly rusted and have since been painted black. It's possible that the screen is not original to the fireplace, though I do believe the legs and stove pipe are original. I can't seem to find anything like it after hours of googling, so hopefully, someone here can help!

Thanks in advance!

Update: I spoke to a representative at Malm, and they believe it is either a Spincraft or a Preway. They know for sure that it is not a Malm.
IMG_6638.JPG IMG_6662.JPG IMG_6702.JPG IMG_6701.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have guessed Malm, but if not then follow their suggestions.