If only this was mine...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowndiffuser

Jan 7, 2016
UK
I'd be setup for the next 10+ years.

Went for a walk today in my local woods and they've been doing some woodland maintenance. Two massive piles of mostly oak sitting there waiting to be processed. From the pile of logs in their yard, it looks like they'd already processed a load.

Unfortunately none of it is for the taking as they sell logs throughout the year. The photos are of the same two piles just from different angles.

0b243cbb4e08a11fdadd35f599370308.jpg
845c8106d2184f62d915655fd810bca0.jpg
724c4180c1142acb0bde45e7a5c91eac.jpg
1d32bf13916124be67ccb18b9461904c.jpg
6ae25866b9e05ea1b107ef91b44cb9b9.jpg
06bf6b909c17b9ebc0a03d8599d57156.jpg

If those woods are public property..You should be able to take them, thats if you pay taxes. I would ask and see what happens...:)

Ummm...drool...! ! !

If those woods are public property..You should be able to take them, thats if you pay taxes. I would ask and see what happens...:)

Worth a shot ... but even when it's public property doesn't mean the op will be able to take any wood. The city where I work doesn't allow folks to take any wood from the wood dump since a contractor pays them for the wood ... he chips it and sells the chips for bio fuel ... very disappointing when I go there and see all kinds of wood.

Worth a shot ... but even when it's public property doesn't mean the op will be able to take any wood. The city where I work doesn't allow folks to take any wood from the wood dump since a contractor pays them for the wood ... he chips it and sells the chips for bio fuel ... very disappointing when I go there and see all kinds of wood.
Yeah although it's public property it's run and owned by the local council so there's no chance of getting any of that wood.

Go to a council meeting and put a formal request for some. If they say no...Ask to purchase some at a rock bottom price. They can only say no...:)

Wow. I could spend days CSS'ing that stuff, and be happy doing it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could spend days CSS'ing it, but it would take months, if not longer just to put a serious dent in that pile.
Impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.