If you're thinking of a stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

xman23

Minister of Fire
Oct 7, 2008
Lackawaxen PA
Are you thinking of buying and installing a stove for the upcoming burn season. Get'er done! The stove stores get booked up with installs. Years ago I shoveled a foot of snow off the roof so they could get the chimney installed.

A little late, already, I think. I started each of my stove purchases and installs in June, when stoves are cheap and installers are bored.

Reactions: mountain man 2
A little late, already, I think. I started each of my stove purchases and installs in June, when stoves are cheap and installers are bored.
Installers get bored? We haven’t had any down time this year at all! New construction is going strong and people are planning ahead. It’s gonna be a busy year!

Reactions: Ashful
I'll be getting a new stove installed in my home that's under construction now. Already have the installers lined up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'll be getting a new stove installed in my home that's under construction now. Already have the installers lined up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My stove installation date, due to my new construction slipped. When I was ready, the next date was in January.

To you pro's. With new construction customers, Why not install the chimney to the ceiling box as the roof goes on. Then come back and drop the stove on the hearth and install the last piece of chimney. For me this would have let the stove guys do the chimney in the summer when there not as busy.

Last edited:
My stove installation date, due to my new construction slipped. When I was ready, the next date was in January.

To you pro's. With new construction customers, Why not install the chimney to the ceiling box as the roof goes on. Then come back and drop the stove on the hearth and install the last piece of chimney. For me this would have let the stove guys do the chimney in the summer when there not as busy.
Because that is taking a one day job and spreading it out over 2 days. That means more cost for you. And many of us really dont have a slow time.

I knew two visits would be the issue. In my case where I cleaned a snow covered roof, I called them and said it was good to go. I recall them saying they can't do many chimneys due to snow.

I knew two visits would be the issue. In my case where I cleaned a snow covered roof, I called them and said it was good to go. I recall them saying they can't do many chimneys due to snow.
We work in snow all the time. Obviosly we cant do masonry in the winter. But we clean do class a chimneys and liners all winter.