I'm in

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckitch

Feb 18, 2014
Michigan
image.jpg image.jpg Getting ready for next winter new Drolet Austral ( on sale at menards) and starting to get all that dead ash CSS. Lots of good info on here been addicted for months

Reactions: Beer Belly
Cool. Now turn the phone the other way. >>

Phones have to be turned sideways when you take the pic for them to show up right when you upload them.

I have the same stove. Bought it new pn sale at 925$ 5 years ago !! I love the bypass on it. This thing can put some heat, it´s crazy !!! I love the stove. I think it was a good buy for the price.

My down side is sometime, there is a lot of smoke coming out when I want to re load.

Enjou your stove !!

Welcome aboard.

You're gonna need a flue for that stove though.

And a hearth.:cool:

Welcome aboard.

Yep still got allot of work to do, gonna finish out the season with the pellet stove and try to get a couple years worth of wood put up from now on. Lots of ash bore kills ready to be fell

I just turn my Laptop on it's side.....

I always have this problem when loading pictures from my iPad!

Welcome aboard.

Get wood CSS'd now. You can work on the hearth and flue when it's too hot outside for splitting wood.

Reactions: PapaDave
I gave them a little push:
image1.jpg image2.jpg

I personally wouldn't stack against vinyl siding, but I tend to be a bit extra cautious about stuff like that.

Last edited:
The pics are easier to look at when taken standing up instead of laying down.;)
Ok, so now we need pics of the install and all the Ash you'll be c/s/s-ing.
And, welcome to the Hearth.
Another Michiganderanian.:cool:

You have a pellet stove but you are switching to wood? that makes me laugh. Obviously the wood is free.
A friend of mine owns thousands of acres of land and he uses pellet stoves in all his buildings and rental houses and I pick on him about all the free wood hes not harvesting and he picks on me about all the work I do to get firewood.
Its a little competition...
Last time I was out visiting he told me he was considering dragging a woodstove he had from his basement and hooking it up.
Im always telling him its fun exercise and Im not depending on fuel price gouging.

Yeah guess I'm going backwards in time... started with pellets but just like the idea of no electricity and no moving parts and free fuel for a wood stove. Probably not gonna leave that wood stacked in there but everywhere else is snow drifts right now.

I just bought the same stove at menards last week myself, but have to wait for warmer weather and $$$ to start installing. Glad to see others took advantage of that sale, it sure was a good one. Got mine for $682 after tax and couldnt be more excited.

Dang!!! Tou guys are getting sweet deal on these stove. They are manufactured here in Quebec ( I think) and are a lot more expensive here. The only stove gettin that low on sale is the pyropak!!

Status
Not open for further replies.