I'm so happy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HearthstoneH-I010Small.jpg

HearthstoneH-I017.jpg

HearthstoneH-I014.jpg

All in all the damage was limited to parts that could be replaced. The frame and stone are in remarkable shape considering that there was a 2,000 degree fire in side of it to melt that baffle. Here it is all done and in my shop before getting hauled up to the new house:
HearthstoneH-I068.jpg

I really don't like the frame color, it was not what I thought it would be and it's not holding up well at all. I think I am going to re-paint it classic black....gloss black.

On the way to the new house:
Hearthstonestovetobasement011.jpg

plugged in in the basement:
Housepics001-1.jpg

and the house:
LoftFloordoneRailingsdone013.jpg

See what happens when you can't post your OWN pictures???? We take over for ya:p

We once had a used HS 1 - heavy as heck....at the shop. We took it on a trade-in....

I remember loading it up in a guys truck and he was asking about our return policy. My manager (an ex-Marine) looked at him and said:
"Captain, this is a one way trip - and the ship is sailing your way"......

One of those little sayings at the right time....I'll never forget. We were chuckling....no way we were gonna lift that monster again. If he didn't like it, it was time to use it as an aircraft carrier anchor or grind it into furnace cement (HearthStone made some great cement - we used it to build Upland Stoves).

Motor7 what you did with that stove was very impressive really remarkable.Ya Jim at Heartstone is a great resource.What would they do without him ?
Are those sheets of metal around your stove ?Why did you do that besides maybe protecting the walls!Also what kind of pipe is that ?It looks like a T.What is the reason for it ? Well after viewing your pictures I'm considering getting the gizmos needed to do it.How did you do yours?Take care.

The metal is diamond plate aluminium. I mounted it to the wall using 1/2" spacers so no heat beats on the mortar and cinder block. I have no idea what high temps can do to the wall and I don't want to find out the hard way.

Yes, that is a Dura Vent T. I put that there so I can use Sooteater to clean my flue from the basement without having to climb up onto my 10/12 pitch metal roof. So far it has worked fine, but at least once a year I still have to get up there pull off my flue cap and clean the cap. I clean the flue in Jan, then again in spring after burning season is over.

The metal is diamond plate aluminium. I mounted it to the wall using 1/2" spacers so no heat beats on the mortar and cinder block. I have no idea what high temps can do to the wall and I don't want to find out the hard way.

Yes, that is a Dura Vent T. I put that there so I can use Sooteater to clean my flue from the basement without having to climb up onto my 10/12 pitch metal roof. So far it has worked fine, but at least once a year I still have to get up there pull off my flue cap and clean the cap. I clean the flue in Jan, then again in spring after burning season is over.
Thanks for the info.Does the diamond plate reflect the heat into the room?What ,you put the sooteater into the T?I thought all you had to do was put it into the stove.What is your method? I notice in another post where you stated you used 8 cords of wood a heating season.Man I would of no way thought you'd use that much wood in a southern state like Tenn.That's more wood than I use in Mass.What gives ?

Yes, I reckon it does reflect some heat, but I didn't run it much without it, so nothing to compare it to.

On the H1 to sooteat you have to drop the baffle inside and remove it to get access to the flue. It's kind of a pain, so I put the T in so I don't have to go through that hassle.

Yep, 8 cords. However I ran the stove 24/7 from mid Nov to March and the uninsulated basement really made ao I had to stoke it full every 8 hrs. Since i have now insulated the basement I hope this winter wil be a bit different.

and the house:
LoftFloordoneRailingsdone013.jpg
Can i borrow your house M7 ? I have just the place in the woods for it, now occupied by my falling down cabin.
Some stonework over that cement block would take this place to the next level.

We thought about stone and maybe at a later date will do that. I'll post up a pic when I get it all texture painted, I think it will look much better...I hate the look of block:mad:

Hey just order the logs & start building....only took me two years...lol

Yes, I reckon it does reflect some heat, but I didn't run it much without it, so nothing to compare it to.

On the H1 to sooteat you have to drop the baffle inside and remove it to get access to the flue. It's kind of a pain, so I put the T in so I don't have to go through that hassle.

Yep, 8 cords. However I ran the stove 24/7 from mid Nov to March and the uninsulated basement really made ao I had to stoke it full every 8 hrs. Since i have now insulated the basement I hope this winter wil be a bit different.
Good idea with the T for the Sooteater.Ya your insulation should make a big difference.When I tell the story of my first encounter with the One and how it provided heat from Friday night to Sunday morning on one load of wood I forgot to ad that the ski lodge was brand new and totaling insulated which keep the heat from escaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.