Inferno Factory Tour

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too will give them a try, but rather than the hassle of driving/shipping I will buy a few bags and post after testing. Where is my local retailer for 02703.

BLIMP said:
whts the procedure PFI uses to evaluate the btu content of pellets as stamped on the bag?also= Whats your inhouse procedure?

This is like the 3rd time today I have read your question. PFI will except what Twinport finds in there test results. Twinports is an actual test lab and actually test's most of the pellets we burn for there PFI cert.

Have you tried contacting Twinports???? I have the link in the PFI thread you started. Go straight to the horse's mouth and give them a shout!

P.S. I am pretty sure(99.9%) they use the caloric test. Burn said mass to heat water and measure the heat rise!

yay! heat water, measure & & account for atmospheric factors so to post the btu# on the bag. please read what i post & consider why i get no reply for whats done for inhouse testing. BTU aint giving out the details=IF I MADE PELLETS & PFI APPROVED LAB EVALUATED IT, ID BE CHECKING ON MY OWN! gotta call Corinth again

BLIMP said:
yay! heat water, measure & & account for atmospheric factors so to post the btu# on the bag. please read what i post & consider why i get no reply for whats done for inhouse testing. BTU aint giving out the details=IF I MADE PELLETS & PFI APPROVED LAB EVALUATED IT, ID BE CHECKING ON MY OWN! gotta call Corinth again

Go check a bag of Okies, there isn't a PFI label on them. There is no law that say's you have to have a PFI label on your product to be considered a Super Premium pellet. The only thing that matters is to put a Super Premium pellet in that properly labeled bag! Now if you had a Super Premium labeled product, But only put a premium pellet in the bag. We the forum testers(there will be more than just me this year!) might catch you and you will be getting the flack! As BTU said be prepaired to duck! I trust real world facts more than hocus pocus!

Why you so cranky lately??? :p

j-takeman said:
BLIMP said:

Go check a bag of Okies, there isn't a PFI label on them. There is no law that say's you have to have a PFI label on your product to be considered a Super Premium pellet. The only thing that matters is to put a Super Premium pellet in that properly labeled bag! Now if you had a Super Premium labeled product, But only put a premium pellet in the bag. We the forum testers(there will be more than just me this year!) might catch you and you will be getting the flack! As BTU said be prepaired to duck! I trust real world facts more than hocus pocus!

He's yelling again!

Werm said:
j-takeman said:
BLIMP said:

He's yelling again!

Yep! He must be having a bad day. PFI is ignoring him and wont answer his questions!

seige101 said:
smwilliamson said:
Werm said:
smwilliamson said:
j-takeman said:
smwilliamson" date="1280813056 said:
I'm burning them in a brand new Regency GF55 all weekend at the fair. Hopefully they will be dirty as all hell, cause I'm also doing cleaning demos every three hours. %-P

Boy that Regency GF55 looks alot like an Enviro! Sherwood Ind. have anything to do with them???

Yeah..they make it. It's a meridian. So is the Vista Flame VS100. I figure if I cannot become an Enviro dealer for parts...I'll become a Regency dealer and get them through them...yet another system workaround.

I have always loved the Meridian. It's a Whitfield Advantage after all.

Scott,
where is your shop? MA or RI? and what fair are you talking about?

MA, Rehoboth Fair. Trying to get into Belchertown and Bolton, but I may be too late. The idea just came to me last weekend.

If you make to the belchertown fair i will see you there!

Sorry, they are full. Bummer, I should have started this a while ago.

Tri-State Pellets said:
We all know Inferno was not at the top of there game the past few years. I'm currently a distributor for Inferno for most of the northeast. I was very skeptical when I first got the offer to distribute them. All I had heard was bad things about there pellet, but like smwilliamson, I had got a tour of the mill by Tony and was very very pleased with what I saw. They have worked out all their problems with there new mill, and if you know anything about starting a new mill you know that it is extremely difficult the first years of production. Inferno has got there stuff together this year and is one of the top pellets in the industry for this coming winter.

If you don't want to take my word for it, just call me at 860-242-0280 and I will be more than happy to give you a bag or two to test for yourself.

Welcome abord!...I heard how many tons you committed to....Man I hope for your sake you do okay. Tony is a nice guy. I like him. I don't have it in for anyone. But being from the area I know he is the monkey in the middle. If anyone has anymore problems with Inferno's you ought to start calling G. Lopes & Co. or JJ Materials, they are the owners in this thing. Tony is just the minion.

If infernos are a dirty pellet, it actually helps me out. I hope for their sake they are taking this very seriously and make strides to offer a better product and not just a good enough product. When consumers have a bad experience it sets the whole industry back and that is something I take very very seriously.

Keep my number handy in the event the phone starts ringing without praise. Dealers know what finger to extend to the masses and aren't afraid to to do it when the stove and the pellets didn't come from them. In the tall shadows, I am your friend. :cheese:

No one wants to pay me $400 to come out in the middle of the night and solve their heating issue.I can offer better service than most any dealer and that is what keeps me in business...but I'm always battling the Goliath. By Inferno offering their product so cheap they have deflated the price other reputable local dealers can get for their own product and in a way that isn't fair cause a lot of these dealers are doing their best in very weak economy. I guess it's just business and that is always fair either. But offering a crap product and pushing it on single moms with no other form of heat...where is G. Lopes $ Co. while she is freezing Christmas morning with a ruined stove. I'm not making this **** up either.

I'm going to do a side by side with the Temp Laser gun in a couple of weeks...we will see.

I imagine you have done a test yourself, what would you compare them to and what did you burn them in?

BLIMP said:
BTU said:
Tri-State Pellets said:
We all know Inferno was not at the top of there game the past few years. I'm currently a distributor for Inferno for most of the northeast. I was very skeptical when I first got the offer to distribute them. All I had heard was bad things about there pellet, but like smwilliamson, I had got a tour of the mill by Tony and was very very pleased with what I saw. They have worked out all their problems with there new mill, and if you know anything about starting a new mill you know that it is extremely difficult the first years of production. Inferno has got there stuff together this year and is one of the top pellets in the industry for this coming winter.

If you don't want to take my word for it, just call me at 860-242-0280 and I will be more than happy to give you a bag or two to test for yourself.

First off, I would like to welcome you to the forum. Having manufactures/distributors on this board adds something and hopefully you can better educate the public on what Inferno pellets are all about.

Since I am a direct competitor of yours, I don’t want to come across as pissing on your parade or anything, but with all due respect, I find it somewhat unbelievable to say the statement that your pellet is one the best for this coming season. With over 60+ brands selling alone in New England, some for many many years and your brand finishing dead last in a customer test done last fall/winter, it would take a small miracle for your brand to make such a huge turn around in such a short period of time.Sounds like classic pook.

Granted after the results your pellet produced last year, your results could really only get better, but I certainly haven’t seen those dramatic results showing up in actual test results or feedback from the dealer network that we both talk to daily.

Once you have been on this board for a short time, you will understand that this is a VERY knowledgeable crowd and they aren’t afraid to call it like they see ‘em. Needless to say, there hasn’t been too many kind words about your brand in the past and given that it is a recycled product with a terrible reputation coming into this season, I guess time will tell.

I can honestly say that I hope your pellet is better this year, because frankly as bad as it was in the past and the number of people who were really dissatisfied with it only hurt our industry. I’m all for any manufacturer making a better product for the public’s use, since that only helps everyone.

To state that your pellet is equal to or better than …Cubex, Turman’s, Barefoot, Hamer’s and many many others, is pretty ballisy of you, but if it is, then this board will sing your praises….if not…prepare to duck..!!

Again…welcome
whts the procedure PFI uses to evaluate the btu content of pellets as stamped on the bag?also= Whats your inhouse procedure?

I haven't read this entire thread because it gives me a headache doing that much readin'... but doesn't a softwood pellet have more BTU's because of the 'pitch' imbedded in the pellet?

krooser said:
I haven't read this entire thread because it gives me a headache doing that much readin'... but doesn't a softwood pellet have more BTU's because of the 'pitch' imbedded in the pellet?

Sorry, This should help!

Attachments

• 598px-Advilliquidgels.jpg
    598px-Advilliquidgels.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 151
Status
Not open for further replies.