Initial Draft Readings for Pacific Energy Summit LE Insert - Cause for Concern?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Adjusting the primary only still resulted in above acceptable drafting limits. The unit just drafted through the secondary.
Yea blocking the primary more will pull through the secondary more which would cause even higher secondary burn temp and robustness. From my understanding you’d have to do the secondary first then adjust primary. But obviously you’ve already got it figured out.

Here is a picture of the modified primary air lever trim panel. As mentioned the trim panel was pushing up on primary air lever which in turn caused a faulty opening in the primary air inlet. With this fix, the unit dropped about 200° exhaust temperature at fully cooked position. You can see the original holes from the factory and currently installed location where the screws are. I sure hope other Pacific energy summit LE insert owners find out about this.

20221222_173813.jpg

Have you moved the probe in or out to see the effect on the temps? I’m seeing 100 degree difference’s depending on how far in/out the probe is.

Reactions: davidmsem
Have you moved the probe in or out to see the effect on the temps? I’m seeing 100 degree difference’s depending on how far in/out the probe is.
The temperature probe I think is a 4-in deep probe. I have not pulled it out or in to see the difference in reading. I know and it's room temperature it reads dead nuts accurate.

I have the probe screwed into the side of the flu.

The temperature probe I think is a 4-in deep probe. I have not pulled it out or in to see the difference in reading. I know and it's room temperature it reads dead nuts accurate.

I have the probe screwed into the side of the flu.
I’m thinking I had mine over an open part of the damper right in the hot gas stream. Where yours is all closed I’m guessing you wouldn’t see the big differences I’m seeing. I moved it out a bit and got much lower flue temps. So I left it there. Over draft problems solved right;)

Reactions: davidmsem