Insert availability?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

doogiegh

Aug 23, 2011
Central NJ
I know all about the supply chain disruption on new stoves, inserts, etc.
For a Pacific Energy Summit or Super, does anyone have any knowledge of a "ETA" of when more inserts would be available? I would order from my local dealer and I know I might as well just get 'on the list'. But the dealer has absolutly no ETA for apparently the insert, the surround or the door. Was wondering if anyone had any insider knowledge that inserts would be available by say February or is it May or is it up to a 2 year backlog and switch brands? It's sad but seems almost comical that these businesses have arguably a huge pent up sales potential and no way to make items fast enough to satisfy those sales.

Gary

Good luck. My regency insert failed due to known quality control issues and is going through the warranty process of getting replaced. I can’t even get an approximate ship date. Regency is playing the Covid card and said flooding is impacting their deliveries to the US from Canada. Buyer beware

Yeah, I'm wondering like wherever the factories may be located, are they up and actually making inserts? Or nope. Shut down, empty. No staff, zero production frozen in time. Seems so weird.

Yeah, I'm wondering like wherever the factories may be located, are they up and actually making inserts? Or nope. Shut down, empty. No staff, zero production frozen in time. Seems so weird.
Regency is up and running but good luck getting an honest, definitive answer from them or their dealers. I’d consider other manufacturers

Regency is up and running but good luck getting an honest, definitive answer from them or their dealers. I’d consider other manufacturers
Regency currently has no doors so no useable stoves available

My neighbor ordered an insert right before Thanksgiving it is scheduled to be installed December 18th. He didn't remember what brand but he was told stoves and inserts were easier to get from Canadian manufacturers. The shop is a big Napoleon dealer but they did sell Regency, Hearthstone and recently started carrying Valcourt .

Good luck. My regency insert failed due to known quality control issues and is going through the warranty process of getting replaced. I can’t even get an approximate ship date. Regency is playing the Covid card and said flooding is impacting their deliveries to the US from Canada. Buyer beware
In case you are clued out BC in canada had unbelievable flooding and more rain is in the forecast. It is not just regency that is having issues .all the stove manufacturers are having issues right now.this covid has caused major disruptions in every factory.

The demand for new stoves and insert has increased several things leading into this demand. Lots of new and used home sales people replacing out of date appliances in used homes and new wood burning appliances in new homes. I have seen multiple post here on both of those subjects. The 26% incentive has motivated people to replace old equipment along with new purchasers trying to save money on energy cost, once again multiple post here on those subjects. Lots of people working from home now with the thought: "hey I can feed a fire all day now since I am home" we have seen a few of those along with heating the new office. I'm sure not everybody with these ideas are posting here more sales then we know about. In my area natural gas is taking a 25% increase and we had the threat of a pipeline shut down that would have driven the price even higher, the lease was renewed last minute.
I was in a local shop not long ago its owned by brothers that are sweeps, they mostly focus on chimney and fireplace maintenance along with gas logs, they told me their sales of wood appliances increased 30% since last January and they were not prepared for it.
With covid, shipping issues, flooding in Canada, and the demand increase its not surprising there is a time delay to get a new stove, but it doesn't sound as bad as the automotive industry if you want a new truck its 3-6 months or pay well over sticker price.