Installed new drolet mayraid

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kg4729

Oct 24, 2015
Minnesota
New member here. Just got my wood stove installed last week. Passed inspection with flying colors. I was a bit nervous being that I have never installed a stove before but have built plenty of homes. It all went good and I am very pleased with the results.

I installed it in a 1900 square foot split entry house in the basement. Today was the first cold day that we needed heat so I got to run it. I was able to maintain 79 degrees in the family room where the stove is and 69 degrees up stairs. We will see how the rest of the Minnesota winter goes as it will get much colder!

I have been lurking on here for some time as I have been planning this project and have found a lot of great information.Here is a picture! Enjoy..... I know i have. Fire away with any questions.

Attachments

• Installed new drolet mayraid
    1446079795411369549077.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 139
Give it a day or so to see how well it will heat. Was a real wake up this morning with it being 38 and still falling and the NW wind going over 40.
Looks good and welcome. Hope you got your wood in.

Give it a day or so to see how well it will heat. Was a real wake up this morning with it being 38 and still falling and the NW wind going over 40.
Looks good and welcome. Hope you got your wood in.
I have 6.5 cords of red oak that has been split and covered from the top. Has been that way for over a year.

Last edited:
Well done! I Ike the herringbone design with the tiles! Nice touch.

Wood heat. Love it. If you're a builder, save your scraps of 2 x stock for short hot fires, they work great!

Welcome to hearth.com, TONS of good info on here, read on......

Very nice. I've heard good things about the Myriad too. Good luck with everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.