Installer offer Regeny Pro pro...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PAD

Sep 17, 2021
NJ
I wish to purchase Hi2450 but seller suggests Ci2700 because that is the unit he sells the most of in my area.
I am burning wood for some heat daily and to be relied on during a power outtage. I am not planning to heat my home with wood.
I want a good unit with no overkill and the den and living are is 600 to 800 sq. ft. I can use some info and suggestions because I am ready to write the check and get this done. I am sticking with Regency as it has a good rep.

I live in central NJ...thank you to all for any assistance.

PD

The 2450 projects more into the room and will radiate more heat in an outage when the blower doesn't work unless you have a generator or battery backup. The 2700 is a flush, hybrid insert and more complicated with a catalyst. Based on the description, the 2450 would be more appropriately sized, but the smaller Regency I1500 would also get the job done, especially if not burning overnight.
Does the stove dealer carry other brands besides Regency? The Pacific Energy Super insert would also be a good solution here.

The 2450 projects more into the room and will radiate more heat in an outage when the blower doesn't work unless you have a generator or battery backup. The 2700 is a flush, hybrid insert and more complicated with a catalyst. Based on the description, the 2450 would be more appropriately sized, but the smaller Regency I1500 would also get the job done, especially if not burning overnight.
Does the stove dealer carry other brands besides Regency? The Pacific Energy Super insert would also be a good solution here.
The local chimney company and installer deals only in Regency for now. If I don't want to haul wood and clean ashes, then I am stuck with some gas inserts do not like, due to size.

A good viewing area is important to me and the small units feel like a small viewing window when I went to look at them. Wood burning is more work for me but true wood, not gas.

Gas inserts are my desire if I can get the one I want. I only have 30" wide to work with and some requite 31 an 1/8. One dealer said he might be able to make it work but I am not willing to beat up my existing fire box. I am frustrated and now getting analysis paralysis.

Thank you for all of your help.

If gas is the preference then post a new thread in the gas forum with the full fireplace dimensions ront and rear and depth, top and bottom.