Is it winter yet?!?!?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love those Cadbury eggs!

It's a shame they made them smaller to save money. Still good though!

It's amazing how many things you pay more money for and they've downsized the serving size.. The Hershey kiss is miniscule now.

Be carful what you wish for.

I just hope the snow disappears before the wood.

-12 here and dropping. I have a date with work tonight, holiday start up.

Just great.

-27C on the way home this morning and currently -23C here in town, according to my weather thingy.

I love those Cadbury eggs!

It's a shame they made them smaller to save money. Still good though!

It's amazing how many things you pay more money for and they've downsized the serving size.. The Hershey kiss is miniscule now.

We used to buy frozen chicken parmesan patties in marinara sauce . . . until they shrunk in size so that they were slightly larger than a silver dollar vs. the old hockey puck size. It's a good thing though . . . now we make our own with frozen chicken patties, put a slab of motzerella cheese on top and slather them with our own spaghetti sauce for a fraction of the cost . . . and they're the perfect size for a hamburger bun.

Just great.

-27C on the way home this morning and currently -23C here in town, according to my weather thingy.
I think that's headed our way for Monday / Tuesday. The upside is its not forecasted to stay cold here for more than a couple of days. Stay warm....

-6 this morning. The house just made a popping noise that sounded like someone threw a dirt clod against it. :eek:

-7 when I left my home (for those keeping track that's a "Feels like it's wicked cold" wind chill temp) . . . warmed up to a balmy 3 degrees by the time I got to work . . . it helps to have the sun come up.

8d and ocean effect snow here, working from home.

We used to buy frozen chicken parmesan patties in marinara sauce . . . until they shrunk in size so that they were slightly larger than a silver dollar vs. the old hockey puck size. It's a good thing though . . . now we make our own with frozen chicken patties, put a slab of motzerella cheese on top and slather them with our own spaghetti sauce for a fraction of the cost . . . and they're the perfect size for a hamburger bun.
Mmm, been doing it that way for years. Problem now is finding a chicken patty with some chicken in it. Lol. Made me think of a commercial Burger Thing is running for 'nuggets'. They never mention chicken!

I love the work-from-home days. It means I can keep the stove full...
Means I have to feed 2 stoves, in basement office and upstairs in house.

We might finally get some winter today/tonight. Been raining all day and it's supposed to switch to snow this evening. With below zero "real feel" tomorrow. So it will be pretty nasty if all that happens.

EDIT: nevermind, all the precipitation missed us. It's just really windy now.

Last edited:
We're supposed to get a couple of inches of rain today. 49 degrees. :p

I got a bad feeling that we're gonna pay for this in February...<>

upload_2016-1-10_8-56-56.png

We got the higher end of the forecast amount. Maybe a little more at 6" or so.

Supposed to get some mixed precip for the weekend. Yuck - I like the nice fluffy snow...

About 6 inches here as well . . . a bit surprised since they were calling for less snow in my area and more snow where I work.

We were at temps in the teens for about 2 weeks then it got up to 40s for 2 days now back to single digits tomorrow. :eek:

Back in the teens today. Englander chugging along effortlessly.

So far this winter, I have used 2 out of the 10 skids of firewood I have in my driveway. Even if it stays cold, I should be all set.

I think winter is over for us. We have 40s and rain back in the forecast for 4 days this week.

Could you guys from the northeast send some snow my way, you don't need all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.