Is there a comparisson chart for these pellet brands....order of preference?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
Trying to compare BTU, ash, fines, etc among the following brands, I thought this is available somewhere but can't find it:

1.Lignetics
2.Barefoot
3.NEWP
4.Greene Team Gold Premium Plus

Also, in which order of preference would you buy these brands based on performance? Based on lots of readings it looks like people like/love the above brands and would pick them in that same order lignetics/barefoot/newp/greene team gold premium plus.

What you think?
I have an Englanger 25-PDV.

I have only been able to get the Lignetics out of all those brands, My prefrences are....

1. Hamers
2. Lignetics
3. Turmans
4. O'malleys

I've burned all of them except Lignetcis, and the BArefoot's were the best I've used.

I've burned Lignetics, Barefoot, and NEWP.
Don't have a preference, I'd buy any of them
at a reasonable price.

some reviews mention Lignetics to be even better and burn hotter than Barefoot.

jtakeman said:
There is a pellet review here:

http://woodpelletreview.blogspot.com/

Has all 4 brands, but no chart

jay

thanks jay, looks like that blog doesn't have a review of the NEWP though.

Also, the review of the Greene Team is for the white bag, the greene team company also have the "Gold Premium Plus" (not sold at Lowes) which has a light brown bag (kind of like light yellow)

Status
Not open for further replies.