Is this Mullberry?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksCoBernie

Feeling the Heat
Oct 8, 2008
I scored some rounds last week and am in the process of splitting them. Perfect day to split....low 30s, woods nice and frozen...splitting nicely. Anyway the lady I got the rounds from told me she thought it was mullberry but wasnt sure. I havent seen this type of wood before...but ive only split pine, sassafrass and silver maple so far.

Split and side of round
S5000343.jpg

close up of split (very yellow inside...kinda looks like a sponge cake or something similar)
S5000344.jpg

close up of bark
S5000345.jpg

I am in SE PA.

Both the bark & yellow wood look like the mulberry I have.

Yes that is Mulberry. You'll be amazed as that Yellow color turns to reddish-brown as it seasons. And it takes awhile to season because it has a lot of water in it.

Great wood , and excellent score. I'd take Mulburry and locust anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.