Issues concerns with 2021 Jotuls?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
This stove could be one of the early models still out in the field that didn't get the new cat . Send a letter with documentation to Jotul. Send a copy to the dealer too and keep one copy for your records.

If jotul tells the dealer to cover it the dealer will cover the expenses of move...

There are much better stoves than the new Jotuls out there. Personally Id look at something else.

Any new Jotul wood inserts coming to the US?
I have not heard about any. To be honest they now have completely different North American product lines than their EU products where before there was some crossover. They have several new outdoor products. And didn’t bring back several popular stoves. F100 & F400 for example in addition to both inserts. May take us they are refocusing markets and products. I could be wrong. The F500v2 release appeared rushed with respect to design and production quality.

Want the cast iron insert look for with a PE T5. You will be much happier.

Just my thoughts as a very happy jotul owner (can’t say I would by another new mid to large size Jotul)

IIRC Jotul inserts have always been designed and made in the US. I think just the surround castings come from Norway. Hopefully some of their inserts will return to the market soon. They were popular.

I have heard this is due to the air quality laws in Alaska in some populated areas.
Perhaps, indirectly. There has been some dispute and confusion with EPA testing standards that has been covered in another thread, but that seems unlikely to be the primary issue. My guess it that it is a combo of priorities based on new regs, Covid effects, and supply chain issues. It may also be that they are using the F500 as a test case. The predecessor of the F400 had a cat version, but it was not as popular as the F400. Perhaps jotulguy has some better insight?

Wow. Really? Sending a letter seems a little prehistoric.

I’m gonna call the dealer on Monday. I hope they’re helpful but it’s a small little place an hour from here and they’ve not been very helpful in the past at all.

We paid like $3500 for this.

If they approve a new stove under warranty would you think they cover installing it and stuff or is it on us to get this heavy thing out of here and a new one brought down?
They will not be replacing the stove. The failed parts are wear items, they just failed prematurely.

They will not be replacing the stove. The failed parts are wear items, they just failed prematurely.
That's serious Brand Destruction. They need to rethink this, at least replace parts and make it work. I see many now avoiding jotuls because of these now widely discussed issues. Jotul has had such a Strong Brand for so many years, and was considered among the best wood stoves. Now people are avoiding jotuls. That's a Huge Problem.

That's serious Brand Destruction. They need to rethink this, at least replace parts and make it work. I see many now avoiding jotuls because of these now widely discussed issues. Jotul has had such a Strong Brand for so many years, and was considered among the best wood stoves. Now people are avoiding jotuls. That's a Huge Problem.
They are taking care of replacement parts. There’s no reason to replace the stove though. They are saying the cat and baffle were made out of spec and a lot of stoves were effected. From what I’ve seen so far they are making good on it and taking care of the problem.

Reactions: bholler
They are taking care of replacement parts. There’s no reason to replace the stove though. They are saying the cat and baffle were made out of spec and a lot of stoves were effected. From what I’ve seen so far they are making good on it and taking care of the problem.
Then that is Excellent news! Should be promoted that they Are standing behind their Stoves.