It's cold!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsam

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2015
Long Island, NY
youtu.be
High of 26 here today, 40 mph wind gusts. Much colder overnight. Snow coming next week.

How are you weathering this unpleasant March coldness? What severe weather emergency action plans are in place? (Mine's below.)

We want pictures!

Image-1530955554.jpg

(Yes, this is a thinly veiled excuse to talk about the weather and see pictures of animals in front of stoves, but I like those threads...)

Last edited by a moderator:
-8 F this AM and got up to 2 degrees this afternoon in northern NH

IMG_0430.JPG
18 last night, 34 or so today. Mid 80's inside..!

Reactions: jetsam
High of 26 here today, 40 mph wind gusts. Much colder overnight. Snow coming next week.

How are you weathering this unpleasant March coldness? What severe weather emergency action plans are in place? (Mine's below.)

We want pictures!

View attachment 195848

(Yes, this is a thinly veiled excuse to talk about the weather and see pictures of animals in front of stoves, but I like those threads...)
It's about 22 degrees in my area of PA and I'm sitting here with the heat pump running:( Running low on seasoned wood so I'm trying to save it for any big snowstorms /power outages that might still come this season. But sitting in my house in this bitter cold with the heat pump running is the worst...I'll be better prepared next season! I'm envious of your pic, so is my dog!

View attachment 195849
18 last night, 34 or so today. Mid 80's inside..!
Glad to know I'm not the only one who keeps there house in the mid 80s. Was that an accident or was it intentional? Me personally I shot for a constant temp in the mid 80s in the winter

Glad to know I'm not the only one who keeps there house in the mid 80s. Was that an accident or was it intentional? Me personally I shot for a constant temp in the mid 80s in the winter

I wish I could do that, but the wife starts emitting overtemperature warnings at 75. I would have to keep the bedroom door closed if I kept the house at 80+ though, I do like a cool room to sleep in.

IMG_0158.JPG
This dog steals my chair all the time he's a keeper

It looked like the last chance to fire up both stoves this winter, so I went for it! I've had it over 90 in the main area before, but I can maintain mid 70's pretty easy in the whole house with the BK. I decided to let them both rip this morning!

I think your dogs are trying to tell you it's to hot in here Jetsam!

I think your dogs are trying to tell you it's to hot in here Jetsam!

The big grey one gets right in front of the stove and bakes until she's hot to the touch. The other two don't like to get that close.

The combustion temperature of pointy grey dogs is somewhere north of 170... if it gets any colder outside I might get more data on this. ;)

The big grey one gets right in front of the stove and bakes until she's hot to the touch. The other two don't like to get that close.

The combustion temperature of pointy grey dogs is somewhere north of 170... if it gets any colder outside I might get more data on this. ;)
Our English Shepard won't get near the stoves. Our Doberman can't get enough of it! She gets about as close as possible to the glass.

Attachments

• IMG_0309.JPG
    IMG_0309.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 152
The Murph, in his second favorite spot to be in

396994_344695932223850_1969069162_n.jpg

This is not good one dog passed out other one looking at me wanting me to call fire department.

Status
Not open for further replies.