Its June 27th - where are the southern hemisphere members

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
Like the thread says, where are you guys? I need some southern hemisphere winter updates to fill my wood burning void.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ashful
They're out skiing with the 'roos.
images.jpg

Im here. Just put in a new stove and its unbelievable. Bought it second hand and fitted it myself. I cant believe how warm it gets that half of the house. This is the heater link below. I paid $450 for heater and full triple skin flue. I will start my own thread regards install and purchase.

http://www.eurekaheaters.com.au/free-standing/onyx-wood-heater

Reactions: Woody Stover
On a secondary note i saw 2 deer on the road near my house. Never seen one before here in Aus but parently they are all over the hills where i live.
images.jpg

Im here. Just put in a new stove and its unbelievable. Bought it second hand and fitted it myself. I cant believe how warm it gets that half of the house. This is the heater link below. I paid $450 for heater and full triple skin flue. I will start my own thread regards install and purchase.

http://www.eurekaheaters.com.au/free-standing/onyx-wood-heater

That thing looks like it cranks out big heat all the time! I can't believe how inexpensive it was (even in $AUS) Are you sure you didn't leave out a "0"? The stove pipe in the photo looks like it has some kind of braided covering. Also, interesting three angle viewing. Two features I've never seen before.
When you provide more info on the install, make sure you detail flue height/bends, etc.

Last edited:
That thing looks like it cranks out big heat all the time! I can't believe how inexpensive it was (even in $AUS) Are you sure you didn't leave out a "0"? The stove in the photo looks like it has some kind of braided covering. Also, interesting three angle viewing. Two features I've never seen before.
When you provide more info on the install, make sure you detail flue height/bends, etc.
Check out there dual door stoves and through the wall kits.

I can't believe how inexpensive it was (even in $AUS) Are you sure you didn't leave out a "0"?

The stove was advertised as buyer to remove and it started at $1000. The house it was in was a 3 storey with the stove on the bottom floor. I assume nobody was interested in getting their hands dirty - also it was in the middle of a very hot summer. I rang the seller to get more info but he hardly spoke English but eventually we came to an arrangement where i would remove the stove and would pay him $450.

When i actually got to the house it was a whole house demolition it didn't even have doors or windows in the house - so i just lifted up the flue out of the stove removed the Heater. Then i let the flue down onto the floor and removed each section. All up it took less than 30 mins. This is the actual picture of the heater when i picked it up.

The flue has a decro-mesh which goes around the flue - its solid at the back and a mesh at the front. I didn't bother fitting that as i like the exposed flue look. Not sure if you noticed but it has a rear wall clearance of 100 mm (4 inch) i made mine double that as i think it looks too close at 100 mm.

The second picture is on my new granite tile hearth - which the trim still needs finishing off.....

Wood_heater.jpg IMG_20170623_172405[1].jpg

this freakin website still can't get its pics right, when are they gonna fix this issue, I'm tired of this nonsense, if the photos were down loading right you would obviously be upside down, lol

That is a good score. Looks like you folks are getting some chilly weather. Enjoy the warmth of the new stove.

The stove was advertised as buyer to remove and it started at $1000. The house it was in was a 3 storey with the stove on the bottom floor. I assume nobody was interested in getting their hands dirty - also it was in the middle of a very hot summer. I rang the seller to get more info but he hardly spoke English but eventually we came to an arrangement where i would remove the stove and would pay him $450.

When i actually got to the house it was a whole house demolition it didn't even have doors or windows in the house - so i just lifted up the flue out of the stove removed the Heater. Then i let the flue down onto the floor and removed each section. All up it took less than 30 mins. This is the actual picture of the heater when i picked it up.

The flue has a decro-mesh which goes around the flue - its solid at the back and a mesh at the front. I didn't bother fitting that as i like the exposed flue look. Not sure if you noticed but it has a rear wall clearance of 100 mm (4 inch) i made mine double that as i think it looks too close at 100 mm.

The second picture is on my new granite tile hearth - which the trim still needs finishing off.....

View attachment 198259 View attachment 198260
Good score! You look like you're living large there on your sofa!

Looks like a cross between a cow, moose and deer.
When i first saw them i thought they were horses but then they went down a very steep banking so i was unsure. Some guys at work told me they were a type of deer. They are samba deer ive never heard of them.