JAVA LOG????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

argus66

Feeling the Heat
Dec 9, 2007
central coastal nj
yet another fake log im interested in? anyone try or use these? they have a picture of a wood stove on the side saying its safe. but it feals waxy on the inside. looks like a good product a little expensive but envirmental friendly.

Not familiar with this. If it feels waxy, that probably means it is something like sawdust and wax. Might be good for starting fires but not for heat.

We use only real wood and are convinced that is the best way to go. Just make sure the wood is seasoned.

hey there what a great site this place is...anyways i tried a few bio bricks they seem to burn well and very hot...they are made somewhere in new england i receved them from my neighbor so u would have to google them

What do they smell like?
Java-Logs have a faint sweet scent arising from the mixture of molasses and coffee. Most people don't smell anything while others smell a faint sweet coffee aroma - no chemical scent.

How long do they burn?
Java-Logs burn about similar length of time as other fire-logs (5lb. 2-3 hours). The length of time depends on the size and efficiency of your fireplace.

Can I burn Java-Logs in my wood burning stove?
The Java-Log should only be burned in a brick or heavy gauge metal-lined masonry fireplace and ULC-listed fireplaces having a minimum burn area of 0.258 m^2 (square meters). Please leave the doors open to allow adequate airflow. It is also recommended that you place a screen in front to prevent sparks. If your stove meets the above mentioned requirements, and you have your stove cleaned frequently, we are certain you will have a pleasant experience.

Can I add wood to Java-Log?
Java-Log burns with such brilliance on it own (coffee emits 3 times the flame out put to wood), that we recommend to not use wood with Java-Log.

Are Java-Logs safe for my chimney?
Yes, and incredibly so. Java-Logs are endorsed by the Chimney Safety Institute of America as a preferred and recommended safe burning alternative to wood. Java-Logs are overall 11 times cleaner burning to wood and emit 86% less creosote than traditional wood fires, thus you can enjoy a beautiful worry free fire.

What are the ingredients in Java-Log?
Java-Log is patent protected and thus exact listing of the formulations and ingredients for Java-Log are not available for public information. However, what we can say is that Java-Log is comprised of all natural and all renewable waxes, recycled spent coffee grounds and natural binders.

i saw some in our local walmart , they certainly smell like coffee i was pretty intrigued , migt get a few for my firepit for when i have a cool morning in the spring to sit and drink coffee and smell it too ;)

I'd rather get my coffee aroma straight from the pot.

Hmmm.. OK... Kona or Blue Mountain...YUMMY! :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.