Jd 135 carb?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
Ok here is what I got. It runs fine if you dump gas straight into the bowl. Shot crab cleaner and it will not pass through the neck. Carb is off and clean cant find any problems. I think its got to be Fuel Solenoid 497672, 692734. Here is the big question any one modify one of these?

What do you mean "modify" just get a new solenoid and check it out!

Don't quote me on this, but it should click when 12v is applied to it.

Danno77 said:

Yep, Thats not happening.....So I am sure thats the issue. My thinking here is to cut the pin on the solenoid and add a fuel shut off. They want alot of $$$$$ for one of those. Just one of those things that I cant see that is really needed. Only thing I can see its for is backfiring.

smokinjay said:
Danno77 said:

Yep, Thats not happening.....So I am sure thats the issue. My thinking here is to cut the pin on the solenoid and add a fuel shut off. They want alot of $$$$$ for one of those. Just one of those things that I cant see that is really needed. Only thing I can see its for is backfiring.
Ok, gotcha. Never done that! There's gotta be a way around it, so keep us posted.

I'm afraid to ask, what's JD want for a solenoid? Did you do a google search for the part number to see if anyone else carries a replacement for cheaper?

Wonder if you can put a bolt in there to test. Find one of same threads and don't screw it in too far. Give it a test. Should do basically the same thing as chopping off the pin, right?

Danno77 said:
Wonder if you can put a bolt in there to test. Find one of same threads and don't screw it in too far. Give it a test. Should do basically the same thing as chopping off the pin, right?

Really dont think I can hurt it by cutting it off. Darn sure know then. Its not poping at all so its got to be shot!

Have you hit it with a multimeter? See if power is there first before you go cutting on it. It could just be a simple short or loose wire. Any corrosion on the terminals? If so, clean em up good and use some dielectric grease. FWIW, cutting the needle off would probably work too.

Bocefus78 said:
Have you hit it with a multimeter? See if power is there first before you go cutting on it. It could just be a simple short or loose wire. Any corrosion on the terminals? If so, clean em up good and use some dielectric grease. FWIW, cutting the needle off would probably work too.

I wish its, clean clean...Still going to hit it with the meter. Not popping with battery.

Those solenoids do fail from time to time. Check for power then if 12v to the wire with the case grounded doesn't make it move, then toss it. Should open with a "click".

MasterMech said:
Those solenoids do fail from time to time. Check for power then if 12v to the wire with the case grounded doesn't make it move, then toss it. Should open with a "click".

Yea thats what I did and nothing. Didnt check it with a amp meter. (I have a nice one but sux at ready one right) So, I do the hey honey hold this..... :lol: J/K

Does it have a plastic/rubber end on the plunger? Usually you can pull it off easily. I'd replace it when you can tho otherwise she might shut down with a bang, and scare the dog. :lol:

MasterMech said:
Does it have a plastic/rubber end on the plunger? Usually you can pull it off easily. I'd replace it when you can tho otherwise she might shut down with a bang, and scare the dog. :lol:

Yes, and your right. Will finish it up Thursday just to see and confirm thats it. Then I will spend the 40.00. Nothing worse than spending money and getting nowhere. (I think its a pretty safe bet though)

Ok finished this thing. After cleaning the carb good the Solenoidd started popping put it back together and runs fine. Cost 0.00

Status
Not open for further replies.