Jensen Wood/Coal Insert - Model / UL Approved?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Libisaj9

May 1, 2023
Michigan
Hello Everyone,

I need help finding the model on this wood fireplace insert. The only thing I see on it is the word Jensen on the little gold plaque. I am pretty sure this unit is UL approved but a manual or something would be great. Thank you all in advance.

Fireplace Insert.jpg

Hello Everyone,

I need help finding the model on this wood fireplace insert. The only thing I see on it is the word Jensen on the little gold plaque. I am pretty sure this unit is UL approved but a manual or something would be great. Thank you all in advance.

View attachment 312389
You will have to pull it out and look for a ul tag. If there is no tag it isn't listed even if it was at some point. You will also be able to see if it's hooked up properly with a full liner.

Also that has been run really really hot to turn the paint that white. Check for damage

Moving to the Classics forum. I think this insert is from the early 1980s. The UL label should be on the side or back of the insert.