Jet Engine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

s47nxt

Nov 13, 2008
Watkins Glen, NY
I heat with a US Stove Company, King/Ashley M5500, AKA a Shop Heater. I think it is a knock off of a Breckwell Big E. This will be our 4 season on the stove. It's just a square black box, nothing to look at but none the less a Great stove. "EXCEPT" for the fricking distribution blower noise. At high speed #6,7,8,9 it sounds like a Lear Jet at low speed #3,4,5 it vibrates and rumbles. The ash box is cleaned weekly, the 3nd week outer + inner ash box, 4th week + cleaning the exhaust pipe, T and removing and cleaning the blower and blades. Maybe it too clean... I have new blower as a back up but it is louder than the original. I called and email USSC about the problem but to date no change to the blower. I suspect that the blower it too strong for the heat exchanger tubes. The Breckwell has 13, USSC has 7. Maybe they are cramming too much air through not enough holes. That may be the jet sound. The rumbling maybe 4 year old motor. Anybody with a Beckwell Big E? Are they noisy. Any Ideas On How To Quiet This Thing Down? Any Other Blowers That Might Work?
email: [email protected]
Thanks!

Try a blower muffler..... lol. it is the nature of the beast, it is a shop heater. Try a local electic motor shop they may have something quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.