Joeys Stackhausen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyD

Minister of Fire
Jun 15, 2008
South Jersey
The last two days I've been putting the finishing touches on 2011-2012 burning season wood supply. All red oak. I think I'm going to take a break from scrounging for a little while cause the neighbors are starting talk :) . This Stackhausen and another smaller pallet not pictured add up to about 2 1/2 cords. That makes my total somewhere in the neighborhood of 9 1/2 to 10 cords. I will evualuate my long term needs after the first of the year.

stack.jpg

I think the most important question is? How much beer did it take you to make that stack?

KC

JoeyD said:
I will evualuate my long term needs after the first of the year.

Always the same conclusion...more. Nice stacks.

iskiatomic said:
I think the most important question is? How much beer did it take you to make that stack?

KC

LOL. Actually I don't put to many down when I'm splitting. But I'd be lying if I gave you a number for the stacking and clean up portion :lol: cause I haven't got a clue!

JoeyD said:
The last two days I've been putting the finishing touches on 2011-2012 burning season wood supply. All red oak. I think I'm going to take a break from scrounging for a little while cause the neighbors are starting talk :) . This Stackhausen and another smaller pallet not pictured add up to about 2 1/2 cords. That makes my total somewhere in the neighborhood of 9 1/2 to 10 cords. I will evualuate my long term needs after the first of the year.

stack.jpg

Never enough.
You may now continue with your regularly scheduled wood c/s/s.

Dave

wow that is a dense stack, looks like a lot more than 2 cords :-O

ChrisNJ said:
wow that is a dense stack, looks like a lot more than 2 cords :-O

I figured that stack to be just under 2.2465 cords. Really!

Knowing that and having a schematic so I can keep track of what was split and when it will be ready makes me aware my neighbors might not be all wrong.

WOODBUTCHER said:
Let them smell the stank from your red oak!

We've got a couple of cords of red oak drying in the edge of an old barn on my grandmother's farm. I eat lunch with her during the week, and I walk her dogs for her. Every time we pass by the barn I get hit in the face with the smell of seasoning red oak. It's pretty strong, but it also smells like future BTUs.

Nice stack!!

I think you come to find the others are right when you re evaluate your needs.

said I was gonna take a break from scrounging till I got what I had split, NOT.
It's like just not possible-lol

Pagey said:
WOODBUTCHER said:

We've got a couple of cords of red oak drying in the edge of an old barn on my grandmother's farm. I eat lunch with her during the week, and I walk her dogs for her. Every time we pass by the barn I get hit in the face with the smell of seasoning red oak. It's pretty strong, but it also smells like future BTUs.

:)

stack2.jpg

JoeyD said:
Pagey said:
WOODBUTCHER said:

stack2.jpg
"The money you could be saving by burning wood."

JoeyD said:
Pagey said:
WOODBUTCHER said:

stack2.jpg

LMAO! Friggin awesome! :lol:

Joey, now the goal should be to keep 9-10 cords on hand at all times. That means you continue to get wood all winter long. Then next summer can be devoted to summer things.

Poook is hiding in your wood pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.